I have a show coming up tonight and I completely forgot to ask this question prior. whoooops.
Luckily I'm not playing just Amiga stuff. I dont want to just hit play you know? It feels wrong.
I'm aware of that new program but I want to know how people did it before that. Anyone care to shed some light on that?
Cheers.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Jul 19, 2014 9:43 pm)

California

From what I know most people that aren't playing an instrument live have some sort of Kaoss Pad or DJ mixer kind of thing that they use to add some effects on top of their song, but it's still mostly "press play and dance". If you've got enough personality onstage and your music is good enough it's totally possible to get away with that though.

IL, US

most trackers have a live mode, use it

I guess that's just the life of an Amiga musician.
Wish me luck!

e.s.c. wrote:

most trackers have a live mode, use it

As far as i know Octamed doesn't I've been using it since January.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Jul 19, 2014 11:40 pm)

IL, US

theres also this http://pt1210.kikencorp.com/

IL, US

in octamed you can change instrument pitch live, mute channels, etc

hiding under your bed
VCMG wrote:

press play and dance

Brunswick, GA USA

Like this:

I've used Protracker live in the '90s, you have zero latency with the keyboard so doing fills/solos etc. is fine.    If you want multiple modules I'd say skip the amiga altogether, get a cheap laptop/notebook and run Milkytracker.  You can have multiple mods running at once and flip channels in and out from the same interface.  Last time I tried that there wasn't a great deal of sync options but then you just have to get good at hitting play. wink

chunter wrote:

Like this:

LOLOL

Salud Presents! wink

Well it went pretty well, I was just muting tracks and such.
I ended up having weird sound issues so i had to play the rest of my set on lsdj.
Oh well.

South Jersey, USA

Mark Salud is my hero

South Korea

Mark Salud is the bomb! Instantly Magic! He will seduce your mother and have your father bow down to him! Then he will change color, pixel fade and everybody will be pregnant. Tracker + playing the keyboard live, this man is NOBODY's bitch!

France (au milieu)

this man is NOBODY's bitch!

obviously never had any sex life anyway smile

South Korea
Sesska wrote:

obviously never had any sex life anyway smile

Hey now, don't be mean. Everybody gets love at some stage, Earth's population wouldn't be what it is if ONLY attractive people had sex.