Hey there!
I tried to mod my gameboy dmg01(prosound mod), but I've had some issues so when I soldered cabels to the contacts I had to unsolder it.
Now when I'm trying to turn on my gameboy I see that battery light is working, but I see the blank screen and there is no starting sound as well.
Is it possible to fix it somehow?
(Sorry for my english, by the way)

Last edited by dwnste (Jul 21, 2014 7:08 pm)

South UK

Have you got any pictures of where the soldering went wrong?

Category wrote:

Have you got any pictures of where the soldering went wrong?

Yes, sure.

I hope quality is good enough to see even something.

Last edited by dwnste (Jul 21, 2014 8:37 pm)

One guy said I left to many solder on the board somewhere, but I don't know how to check it, to be honest. I've checked all the contacts I've tried to use and it's ok as I think. But he said I could kill power board as well. How to check it?

Might be the ribbon cable connecting to the LCD. Check ribbon cable continuity by using a multimeter. Or a battery and led with 220ohm resistor.

Easy things first: Are you sure the contrast isn't all the way up and the volume all the way down?

The extra solder that guy's talking about is probably the small blob just left of the post pot left pin.  Do you have another Game Boy to test the LCD board and main board separately with?

rvan wrote:

Easy things first: Are you sure the contrast isn't all the way up and the volume all the way down?

The extra solder that guy's talking about is probably the small blob just left of the post pot left pin.  Do you have another Game Boy to test the LCD board and main board separately with?

It was the first thing that I did. Board with LCD works just fine, I've checked It with different backboard. So the problem is definitely with my backboard. My friend said It probably could be a short circuit because of this big solder piece on potentiometer. I mean, the solder on the sound regulator touches board.

Alive and well in fucksville

Dude i bet 12Ianma could sort that out. he ressurectd my most cherished variable clocked dmg (or engineering marvel)..i mean like i tried circuit bending it with frog bones and slugs. weird shit. it blew up once. but it freakin works now... the silicon buttons (from kitsch) have a warm glow of blood oranges.

Last edited by bitjacker (Aug 9, 2014 4:25 pm)