San Diego, CA

been a long time since I've posted here smile

EXPANSE is the first release for my new project Space Town. this will probably be what I make from now on. I hope you enjoy it.

http://spacetown.bandcamp.com/album/expanse

Matthew Joseph Payne

I do! heart

vancouver, canada

very smooth and unique blend of.. uh spacechrap!  it's as if infinity shred and noisewaves had a baby and that baby threw away all both bands' acoustic instruments and bought a tr808.  real nice to have this one playing in the background.

TX

I dig it

Unsubscribe

super smooth and sexy.

ohgodno, Indiana

great vibes :3

Świdnica, Poland

yes!

San Diego, CA

thanks everyone -- I'm really excited about this new sound and I hope it only gets better from here smile

Czech Republic

I love you. But I think 808 samples doesn't fit to your music. Everybody uses it, but I think it's too sharp, straight for your music. You should look for some more gentle, light samples. Try some old preset drummachines like AceTone Rhythm or Korg Donca Matic (Minipops), or some drumsamples from analog toy keyboards (casio MT40, casioMT800, CasioPT...)

San Diego, CA

hey ryba -- thanks for the input!

couple of things: first off, the samples aren't all 808 samples >_> a lot of them were some lex luger (he produced waka flocka flame stuff (so yeah basically 808 but I'm clarifying)) samples drenched in too much reverb and other miscellaneous things. I'm planning on grabbing a tascam pretty soon so I can make my own samples out of WHATEVER I WANT

I also really like the sharpness of the samples! they give a lot of definition to my music that I've never had before, and I'm kind of obsessed with it now. I've always struggled with how much fx stuff I could get away with in my pure chip recordings, and most of the time a lot of the dynamics were lost because you couldn't hear the percussion. so I like it now! but I have a full-length under space town savior coming in the future that will probably be more your style smile

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Aug 4, 2014 6:37 am)

Unsubscribe

Also I reject the idea that chip sounds need crappy drum machines. I think the mix sounds great.

Melbourne, Australia

Wonderful as always, spacetown.
(Especially those last two tracks, holy wow. Very moving!)

Last edited by Calavera (Aug 5, 2014 3:42 am)

Youngstown, Ohio

really, really awesome!!

Czech Republic
herr_prof wrote:

Also I reject the idea that chip sounds need crappy drum machines. I think the mix sounds great.

I don't mean crappy drum machines. I mean some less usual samples and more lightweight samples. I mentioned some examples and these drummachines / keyboards doesn't have crappy sound in any way. Just different and more gentle, pleasant. I just think this kind of sound could fit to spacetown's music much more.

e.g. Mr Oizo used some Minipops rhythms for his Last night a DJ killed my dog song (which I like a lot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he87KfGgMPQ
I think that snare is mind-blowing

Last edited by ryba (Aug 5, 2014 9:35 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

Maybe more cowbell.

Costa Mesa

Nice sound I really dig the composition!