Santa Cruz

The last few times I've tried to backup my two EMS carts, the LSDJ savs have not been working. . Whenever I open them up in BGB, there is no song data whatsoever in LSDJ..Its like the back up software isn't even reading the SRAM off the carts. Do you guys know whats going on? Are my carts totally dead now??

Québec

Do they work if you put them back on the cart?
Also the .sav and .gb files have the same name, right? (lsdj.gb and lsdj.sav, for example)

Playboy Man-Baby
Justin Beepboop wrote:

The last few times I've tried to backup my two EMS carts, the LSDJ savs have not been working. . Whenever I open them up in BGB, there is no song data whatsoever in LSDJ..Its like the back up software isn't even reading the SRAM off the carts. Do you guys know whats going on? Are my carts totally dead now??

BGB sometimes doesn't properly associate files for some reason. Try this: Download VisualBoy Advance, open the rom, go to 'import', hit 'battery file', import the .sav. Then try opening the rom in BGB instead. That seems to properly integrate the ROM to the .SAV for other emulators like BGB for some reason. I guess it has a hard time associating the ROMs to the SAVs by itself. Dunno why. What normally happens when it's not reading it is it'll see the .SAV as something not file-associated and as a result will try to auto-create an empty sav file for the rom. But (assuming your cart batteries are fine) if you save the .SAV back onto the cart (the actual one, not the emulator auto-sav one), it should still work properly on the cart itself, regardless of whether or not it's working in BGB.

Also, as others said, always make sure that the ROM and SAV names are identical.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Aug 2, 2014 11:28 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
Nick Walrus wrote:

Do they work if you put them back on the cart?
Also the .sav and .gb files have the same name, right? (lsdj.gb and lsdj.sav, for example)

This !
btw Quebec !?! Nice !!! smile

Santa Cruz

I'm scared to reflash my carts because Im not sure if they're backed up.. but I'm able to save songs on the Game Boy itself. So that means the battery is fine? The .sav and .gb do have the same name. Sweet I'll check out visuapboy later when I get off work! Thanks big_smile

Québec

Do you think you could upload them?
That way we could check them ourselves, and maybe try to put them on a cart.

New Albany Indiana

It was already said but I am also going to say it.
The .sav and .gb file have to have the same file name.

Get LSDManager to check whether your sav file still has the songs on it. That way you can check whether its the emulator or the sav file itself. \m/

Santa Cruz

Just opened up the savs in LSDManager and the song names are either missing or contain 1 or 2 capital letters..

Justin Beepboop wrote:

Just opened up the savs in LSDManager and the song names are either missing or contain 1 or 2 capital letters..

Not 100% sure what that means.. however I know sometimes when I save files it adds a letter 'E' and something else on the end of the file. No idea why it does that it just does… hope this helps

Medina, Ohio
J3wel wrote:
Justin Beepboop wrote:

Not 100% sure what that means.. however I know sometimes when I save files it adds a letter 'E' and something else on the end of the file. No idea why it does that it just does… hope this helps

Mine randomly adds TE so I dont think its that abnormal of an issue.

New Albany Indiana

send me the sav file at [email protected] and I can figure out your problem.

Santa Cruz

My songs have LS , D O , L , or M. Idk if that matters or anything.

Santa Cruz

Sure thing!

New Albany Indiana
Justin Beepboop wrote:

Sure thing!

Not to be pushy, but if you send it now I can get back to you sooner than later, bout to get busy.

Santa Cruz

Just opened up the sav from the other cart and the names are still there hmmm..