do you not think so?

thx guys for the replies : ) we're all done i reckon

seattle
Mrwimmer wrote:

Aviel.  You chip as fuck.

/thread

Love this album

NC in the US of America

Oh wow, a bump by Holy Konni. I suppose I must check this one out.

This website has a whole section dedicated to LGPT

Michigan
SketchMan3 wrote:

Melbourne
qb wrote:

If it doesn't sound like chiptune then it isn't.

love this quote

so my minimal tech stuff made in nanoloop 2 isn't chiptune because it doesn't have pure pulse waves and arps everywhere big_smile

Adelaide, Australia

Yeah, that quote then begs the question. So what does chiptune sound like?

France

> So what does chiptune sound like?

music produced by a chip?

Melbourne

music produced while eating chips

Finland
pselodux wrote:

music produced while eating chips

music produced to be heard(not listened to, just heard) while eating chips

Last edited by my.Explosion (Apr 5, 2016 1:19 pm)

Lake Titicaca

I really hope Marc Nostromo continues development of LGPT after he is finished with his midi monotron project (which would be an awesome cheap, lofi type of hardware to be controlled by piggy).

I would pay £20 for an updated android or iphone version. With all those new bluetooth control pads coming out, all that processing power, as well as midi connectivity solutions, high sound quality and rendering options it would be amazing...and getting money on the appstore and playstore for the software would provide a good incentive to continue development....could then sell the midi monotron on the side as part of the piggy "ecosystem".

can you imagine?

a mixer screen, a graphical sample editor, custom waveforms, native oscillators / synthesis, "save as", render to .wav, more effects colums, more instruments and tables, midi IO, some kind of envelopes and LFOs for automation (in addition to the tables), multisampled instruments with effects envelopes per sample, layering multiple samples per keyboard key, master channel effects...and all with the beautifully comfortable portable stable two handed gamepad style control system...as a portable synth sequencer with excellent sample mangling options it would become one of the most interesting apps out there. Surely would make a nice profit. kickstarter!!!

The way I see it, LGPT has one of the best, most refreshing and convenient software designs out there The form factor of PSP (or gamepad style controls in general) makes the software truly portable...by which I mean you dont get uncomfortable when using it for long periods of time without a table, that is, you could be in the nature reserve or park, sit on a bench in the summer, dont need a table or a picnic bench...dont have to hold up the phone or tablet with one hand whilst editing with the other...its just generally more comfortable than touchscreen only.

For all of the reasons stated above I really think if Marc Nostromo put together a presentation about LGPT and approached say, Roland, Zoom, Boss, Korg, Sony (vita) etc. piggy could get funded and even have hardware designed around it.

I mean look at the stupid "new" groovebox designs that are coming out recently...the casio "millenium falcon" design, the zoom "donut" groovebox...that shit is stupid. LGPT is lightyears ahead in terms of design and portability...just need to move out of the "ghetto" a little. For example not having to label each song with lgpt_ at the start, moving the GUI options and button mapping out of config.xml and into the software itself (options menu) . Seems like those big synth manufacturers still dont understand how to make a good portable battery powered music composition system....The only things that had a worthwhile structure (in terms of portability) were the yamaha handheld workstations (qy100 etc.), but those sounded like general midi ...not much sound design options...An updated version of LGPT for ios / android or an LGPT based dedicated portable handheld hardware system would be far better than any of those devices.

Also if Oliver Wittchow upgraded nanoloop android and ios to be more like the gameboy versions...more patterns per channel (256), new mixer screen etc...to be honest the reason i was drawn to chipmusic style software in the beginning (before sunvox came out) was because LSDJ, nanoloop, milkytracker (on PDA with D-pad and stylus) and LGPT were simply the best portable synth / SCWF(sampler) sequencers availiable (also because I started out on impulse tracker back in the day)..

I suppose neither could be called truechip or whatever but, personally, as long as it sounds interesting I dont care, the convenience would outweigh the chippiness for me.

LittleGameParkTracker!!!

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 5, 2016 6:50 pm)

Jazzmarazz wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

haha sorry about the 2 year - bump

Lake Titicaca

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Apr 6, 2016 12:53 am)