Again I'm sorry for posting annoying questions (for the record I HAVE read the manual).

I'm no music tech pro but when I used to have a keyboard there was an effect on it called "phaser". The pitch of the note stayed the same but the sound panned from sort of... shallow to deep. The best way to describe it is if you sing a note with your mouth in an "eeee" shape, keep singing the note then gradually change your mouth to an "ah" shape, then a "ow" shape then an "oooo" shape.

Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to replicate this effect in LSDJ? Thanks guys. X

hiding under your bed

http://www.noisechannel.org/4889
Does this help?

Michigan

Sounds like pulse width or duty cycle. The square wave channels should have a duty cycle option to switch between the few selectable duties.

Unsubscribe

Mess with vibrato shape settings and detuned pu2 layered on pu1.

Use ever-so-slightly detuned (finetuned) PU1 PU2 and play same note, one with a slight delay. It's caused by the two square waves coming in and out of sync thus re-enforcing / canceling each other out over time.

Last edited by mk (Sep 2, 2014 1:56 am)

Gosford, Australia

run the gameboy through a phaser effect :v

Tokyo, Japan

Try playing 2 pulse instruments at the same time but detuning one?

Thanks so much guys you are really helpful! X

Boise, ID

You can make a "yeeaauuhhh" sound in the wav channel and use different frames of that synth smile

Tokyo, Japan

If you can post an audio clip of the effect you are thinking of, we can probably nail it for you if it can be done on LSDJ / nanoloop