São Paulo, Brazil

https://chippanze.bandcamp.com/album/dubztract

Chippanze.org presents:

DUBZTRACT
(A brazilian experiment in low-tech dub)

Celebrating its 5th anniversary, the brazilian chipmusic/low-tech collective Chippanze.org releases this dub compilation in compact cassette tape.

Each tape is completelly DIY-handmade. From the slow recording itself, using an old home tape deck, to knife-cutting the sleeves and stamping each tape label.

The tracks, all dub-influenced, were programmed and recorded using old electronic entertainment devices such as the Nintendo Game Boy, the Commodore Amiga and crappy chinese handheld game consoles.

The audio outputs of these obsolete machines (most of them never intended for music making) goes though delay devices creating raw, harsh and psychoweird riddims.

All drenched in pixelated green smoke.

Sadly, we're unable to sell the cassette tape to foreign countries via brazilian mail services, because it costs ridiculously USD 18,00 to send each one of them. So if you wanna grab one, you gotta catch us on a live gig smile

Anyway, the album you download here at bandcamp is the analogue tape master digitized in 44khz.

Get in touch at [email protected] and thank you for listening.

Abandoned on Fire

Nice! Downloading for sure!

Nomad's Land

Ahhh, this is rad! The "good" type of dub, dark, weird, and quirky. I'm floating through the galaxy... Well done, guys wink
Please put one of them tapes aside for me, ok?

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Sep 24, 2014 9:44 am)

Abandoned on Fire

Indeed!  Listened to this several times while doing yardwork yesterday.  Extra nice.

Vienna

this is excellent! congrats for that dope comp.

Brazil

Thanks guys! We feel very acomplished with this release and we worked very hard with this one smile

I am really glad you guys liked it!