London, UK

Hey everyone,

I decided it's time to try my hand at learning to use LSDJ. However my EMS 64mb Flash Cart is not saving any of my tracks and I can't seem to transfer any of my saves off my computer either as they show up on the cart in Windows but not in LSDJ itself.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

- Mykah

Washington, PA

I'm going to assume it probably has something to do with the save battery going bad.

I'm also going to beat anyone else to the punch and say buy a Drag N Derp cart.

Minneapolis, MN

This may be a stupid question, but you didn't save them on the second slot of the EMS cart right? I have done that a couple of times, and it really confused me.

Washington, PA

I might be wrong, but isn't the second slot only for ROMs? I thought both slots used the same SAV file from the battery, hence why you can't load any ROMs that use SAVs without overwriting the LSDJ SAV.

London, UK

Thanks for the replies guys. How do I change which save slot I'm using on the EMS cart? <noob question>

My cart is fairly new so it seems strange that the battery has already died.

Will look into getting a drag and derp cart if I can't get this one working as the no need for drivers and the 100 year save length sounds very nice.

Alive and well in fucksville

do not rule out getting an everdrive gb. saving for lsdj is limited on this cart, however.

Alive and well in fucksville

do not rule out getting an everdrive gb. saving for lsdj is limited on this cart, however.
oops sorry for double posting

Last edited by bitjacker (Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm)

London, UK

Thanks for the all the advice guys! I've just ordered a Drag and Derp as not having to rely on battery for saving and having drag and drop backups sound exactly like what I need.

London

Might be a stupid question, but is your lsdj a full version?

London, UK

Yep its the full version, runs totally fine in an emulator and is saving properly. So it must be a problem with the flash cart. We shall find out when the new flash cart arrives anyways big_smile

Parts Unknown, LATVIA

running both EMSs 64 on virtual machine with win xp / works perfect but of course drag'n'derp is a killer

VM: VMware Workstation 10

Parts Unknown, LATVIA
LAUKMETAALS wrote:

running both EMSs 64 on virtual machine with win xp / works perfect but of course drag'n'derp is a killer

VM: VMware Workstation 10

shared this information as I cannot comment older posts, somebody may find it useful

LAUKMETAALS wrote:
LAUKMETAALS wrote:

running both EMSs 64 on virtual machine with win xp / works perfect

I use it with VirtualBox, it works.

But curiously, I had some problems with the drag n'derp, on several Win7.
When I try to load a save from my computer to the cart, sometimes it does nothing, ie it doesn't overwrite the save.

London, UK

The drag and derp cart works beautifully. Thanks for the suggestion guys! I'm off to make some chiptune!

Washington, PA
cyberic wrote:
LAUKMETAALS wrote:

I use it with VirtualBox, it works.

But curiously, I had some problems with the drag n'derp, on several Win7.
When I try to load a save from my computer to the cart, sometimes it does nothing, ie it doesn't overwrite the save.

Try deleting the save on the cart before loading the new save. I've had issues with that in the past.