Boston, MA

http://asmretro.com/

From the ASM Blog:

We are happy to announce our next Gameboy cartridge release: HEEBIE-GBs.

Mockup. Final label will display some artist names and will have other alterations

This is a dedicated cartridge for this release. It is not a flash cart or a recycled Nintendo cartridge. You will not be able to reflash this or play games on it.

Presently, the cartridge design is completed, tested, and verified. Now we need help from the community to put together this compilation album.

Contents:

1 x HEEBIE-GBs gamepak cartridge
    1x Orange ASM cartridge case protector with the HEEBIE-GBs logo printed on the back.
    1 x Gameboy monster sticker
    1 x HEEBIE-GBs logo sticker (expected; not guaranteed)

Contributing:

Send us over your portfolio, or a sample of your work to [email protected]. We will review your past work and proceed from there. If accepted, please send us over any of your art/logo assets for us to work with. Artists will be paid after completion of their submission.

We do not like to operate on a "spec-work" basis, but If you do not have a portfolio, or if we were not able to accept you for this release, you are still more than welcome to submit a song. We can also put it in consideration for next year's release.

Requirements:

Songs must be newly composed in LSDj. No previously released work or covers, please.
    Song length should be under five minutes.
    Songs must adhere to the halloween theme of the album.

Feel free to follow our facebook page for updates: https://www.facebook.com/asmretro

Be vigilant,

ASM

Last edited by asmretro (Oct 28, 2014 5:52 pm)

NC in the US of America

Good name for the compilation. smile

Minneapolis, MN

Cool! Deadline?

Boston, MA
TEOMAWKI wrote:

Cool! Deadline?

It's difficult to say at the moment. We may take submissions all the way until October 30th.

However, the earlier the better. Earlier submissions will get priority on the cartridge label, which has pretty limited space.

Speaking of the label, if any graphic artists want to contribute to this project with pixel art or illustrations, feel free to get in contact with us through [email protected]

UK, Leicester

ahh man, I remember this from last year when you said the tracks had to be written in carillon. I still haven't learnt how to use it :v
I'll write a song, then send in my kinda lacking "portfolio" to the email address

Bristol, UK

Emailed; I need in on this.

Boston, MA
Alpine wrote:

ahh man, I remember this from last year when you said the tracks had to be written in carillon. I still haven't learnt how to use it :v

The Carillon requirement proved to not be very popular. Now that we're accepting LSDj, the response has been great. smile

We're also looking for suitable artists that may not frequent chipmusic.org or the ASM shop, if anyone has any recommendations, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Boston, MA

There seems to be a misunderstanding with some of the people who have contacted us, so I'd like to clarify one thing.

It is not required to have a song composed before contacting us. We can confirm you for the release based on your portfolio. However, we are giving people the option to submit a song at their own risk if they do not have a portfolio ready.

We're close to the bare minimum of confirmed artists required to make this album happen, but we still need more! Any help spreading the word is greatly appreciated.

Minneapolis, MN

Emailed!

Boston, MA

Thanks for all the interest. We have a comfortable level of confirmed artists to make this release happen. We're very happy with the lineup so far. Thanks to those of you that helped spread the word about the project.

We didn't initially request this, but if you are working on a submission and did not submit your portfolio, it would be very helpful if you dropped us a quick email letting us know that you're intending on submitting a song. There's no obligation to finish the song if you do this, but it would give us a much better idea of how many submissions to expect.

Utah

Hey, I emailed, looks fun. I would like to make a request, though. Can the deadline be early enough that I could get some carts before Halloween? It would be awesome to have some in time for 8 Bit Nightmare on the 31st.

Seattle, WA

No covers, what about remixes?

Boston, MA
Dire Hit wrote:

No covers, what about remixes?

We're requesting that all songs are original. Please and thank you. smile

The Laohu wrote:

Hey, I emailed, looks fun. I would like to make a request, though. Can the deadline be early enough that I could get some carts before Halloween? It would be awesome to have some in time for 8 Bit Nightmare on the 31st.

Unfortunately there's no possible way to have the carts in people's hands before Halloween. We're hoping the exposure from this year's release will allow us to comfortably take submissions early enough to have next years cartridges ready to ship before Halloween 2015, but it just wasn't feasible this year.

However, we're still considering our approach to the digital ROM release. At the very least, we expect It may be a free pre-order incentive, and given to contributors on Halloween. Then you'll be able to put it on a flash cartridge.

Will get back to your email today; falling behind a bit.

Last edited by asmretro (Oct 8, 2014 8:41 pm)

Michigan

Emailed. I really want to get on this!

Utah
asmretro wrote:

Unfortunately there's no possible way to have the carts in people's hands before Halloween.

Really? Even if we try really hard? wink

That's too bad, it would've been perfect to sell at a Halloween show.

I emailed too but it might be in your junk mail since i forgot to write a subject ehehe