Unsubscribe
calmdownkidder wrote:

Yo - listen, guys - I got out my house, got on a plane, went to 8static, and had a fucking blast hanging out with rad people and listening to rad music.

Do that.

NC in the US of America

Hide your NES, hide your SIDs, and hide your Gameboys... Nobody has mentioned youtube 8bit culture in this thread yet :o

just throwing this out there.. It'd be fun to here non-vg chipstuffs in video games. Like how some video games have just rock/metal/whatever music in the soundtrack that just sounds like regular music. Chipmusic in a video game that just sounds like regular chipmusic instead of retro-throwback vgm style.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 20, 2014 2:39 pm)

there was that game with the chipzel soundtrack!

Brunswick, GA USA

Am I the only one who finds "leave your home and go to a gig" crass because the OP specifically asked about the internet?

Last edited by chunter (Oct 20, 2014 3:46 pm)

Unsubscribe

Probably. The internet serves as a prop for real world interaction.

Alpine wrote:

when aren't we as a subclture having a melodromatic existential crisis?

At least we're not being overly dramatic over Vocaloids like music enthusiasts after Miku showed up on David Letterman.

chunter wrote:

Am I the only one who finds "leave your home and go to a gig" crass because the OP specifically asked about the internet?

personally i find the "why not <do cool thing> instead of talking about it in this thread you lame nerds" kind of crass in general. theres enough time to do both, posting about how youre too cool to post takes as much time as regular posting

its nice that you had fun at the gigs, guys. im happy for you

Brunswick, GA USA
El Huesudo II wrote:

At least we're not being overly dramatic over Vocaloids like music enthusiasts after Miku showed up on David Letterman.

It's the end of music!

Just to make sure I'm being clear, if I read between the lines a bit, and probably create more meaning than there really is , I see the OP ask, Why aren't I getting the support I'm used to?

So when I see "go to a gig," I see Give us your money and time, which would certainly be a good time, but doesn't really solve the problem.

Last edited by chunter (Oct 20, 2014 5:48 pm)

California

I think the scene in general is still very supportive, it's just that the places where those people often hang out have changed so finding them again can be problematic.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:35 pm)

I definitely feel like a lot of discussion has moved to social media. Even with things such as guitar less people post to guitar forums and more people are talking in facebook groups.

I still check here now and then. Maybe every couple of weeks, but I check various facebook group discussions more than forums. Why? Because it's convenient. It's right in front of me while cm.o and other forums are off in my online peripheral vision.

I'm not a part of any of the chiptune facebook groups anymore though. I tried early on but there's a lot more noise and pointless crap to sift through than on here.

Seattle, WA

korg miku stomp pedal tho

Gosford, Australia
arlen wrote:

I'm not a part of any of the chiptune facebook groups anymore though. I tried early on but there's a lot more noise and pointless crap to sift through than on here.

the big one (i.e. chipwin) has gotten a lot better in that regard in the last few months, but social media in general is all about brain farts and talking shit. but yeah i still like this forum cause it's usually more curated and informative. seems like i should check ucollective more often tho?

NC in the US of America
Victory Road wrote:
arlen wrote:

the big one (i.e. chipwin) has gotten a lot better in that regard in the last few months, but social media in general is all about brain farts and talking shit. but yeah i still like this forum cause it's usually more curated and informative. seems like i should check ucollective more often tho?

If nobody ever checks it there will be nothing there for anyone to check.

Dire Hit wrote:

i wanna know what miku sounds like through massive amounts of fuzz.

UK, Leicester
Dire Hit wrote:

not going to lie when i say i really want it