buffalo, NY

The irony of making "Chiptune done easy" is the that they always miss the point. They also miss all the things that make it sound great.

Ooo a sampler in the shape of a controller. *Gaming references!* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/27/lo-f … der=feedly

Also we included an unexplained Anamanaguchi music video at the bottom, because CHIPTUNE

Last edited by danimal cannon (Oct 27, 2014 6:32 pm)

*cringe*

IL, US

lol.. . so bad
edit: seriously, they may as well market every sampler as a chip device while theyre at it

Last edited by e.s.c. (Oct 27, 2014 6:38 pm)

Minneapolis, MN

"For $50, you can get an early bird cartridge only,"

LOL WUT? You could get a game boy AND an EMS cart for that price.

Last edited by TEOMAWKI (Oct 27, 2014 6:39 pm)

'With this player, making chiptune music is as easy as gaming'

Unsubscribe

actually its about ethics.

Unsubscribe

Calling a synth chiptune is like calling your band punk, its just a way to lower expectations.

Los Angeles, CA

This obviously isn't for any of us, do you really care if some nerds get weird boners cause something has a d-pad and makes bloops?

Illinois
DESUMATE wrote:

*cringe*

Indiana

liked, backed, retweeted, shared, "binged", and purchased, praise chiptune

South Korea

I don't see anything wrong with this device. Not too expensive, marketed at the "average" consumer, open-source, allows for some creativity. Another RIGHTOUS INDIGNATION thread, I guess. Meh.

NC in the US of America

Marketing a PC as a chiptune sampler device

buffalo, NY

I guess it's weird because from what I can tell there's only 4 samples?  And they're noise drums?  And you have to purchase something extra to be able to load your own samples?

Indiana
DeerPresident wrote:

Another RIGHTOUS INDIGNATION thread, I guess. Meh.

this kickstarter guy is like the grown-up version of the older kid who lived down the street from me who convinced me to trade my holographic charizard for his beedrill, because they were both "stars" therefore "equal rarity"

only in this case, the person playing myself is like an infuriating, "get-skilled-quick" dork with no desire for a working understanding of an artistic tool that they obviously hold in high esteem, hoping to replace practice and homework with "8-bit artisan designed sounds"

and honestly, as annoying as those smug dorks who buy crap like this cause it looks v technical (and also gaming?) are, the part that actually sucks is the genuine beginner who discovers chipmusic through something like this. they get excited, spend $110 to get all the sick upgrades, and end up with an extremely limited 8 sample library, and an unenclosed, weird-shaped tactile midi controller with tiny, cheap buttons

so yeah, righteous indignation i guess

Last edited by Fudgers (Oct 27, 2014 10:47 pm)

buffalo, NY

It's pretty much Beamz, except a game controller instead of lasers.

Los Angeles, CA
danimal cannon wrote:

It's pretty much Beamz, except a game controller instead of lasers.

Yeah, both of them are dumb, but who actually gives a shit?