Michigan

Talk about it

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If they succeed it'll be cool.

Pretty intense.  I really don't need HDMI I would be happy with composite.
Very cool.

Abandoned on Fire

I don't know... the Gamecube Game Boy Player already does this pretty darn well.  hmm

Edit: link for those that don't know what we're talking about http://hdmiboy.com/playhdmiboy/

Last edited by egr (Nov 1, 2014 4:43 am)

Seattle, WA

This is kinda cool. If I really wanted LSDJ or something on a big screen in a live setting I think supergameboy is a better choice but this is nice for anyone who uses gameboys for samples or in more of a studio setting.

well seems totally pointless to me but props to them for making the thing and having a working example ~before~ bringing it to kickstarter

vancouver, canada

the only possible real-life use i can think of is running sHDtwave, and even that's assuming a venue has a decent enough projector with HDMI inputs.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:33 am)

Liverpool, UK

The website is HDMI Boy, the graphics and site call it HDMY Boy, but on the page it says it's running through VGA?

Michigan

I personally want it badly. VGA, HDMI, or otherwise. I have always been quite the gamer and see I g as too many LCDs are kicking the bucket these days; I would rather not even bother with backlights any longer.

Seattle, WA
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I personally want it badly. VGA, HDMI, or otherwise. I have always been quite the gamer and see I g as too many LCDs are kicking the bucket these days; I would rather not even bother with backlights any longer.

Plus this fixes the other backlight problem which is battery life. If you don't need the portability of a gameboy but still want to play pokemon red this is a godsend.

World

Last edited by luftek (Aug 8, 2017 8:12 pm)

luftek wrote:

Maybe I need to come out sooner as I would like. big_smile I don't have everything prepared yet.

I will in 2-3 months offer VGA and composite out.
and separate rf controller (sold if wanted)
You can change color and composite is for NTSC and PAL (3,5mm jack) cable included
I will post some links here:

Working prototype YT video

I plan to sell it for about 100$

Well will see how this goes. If there is still interest smile
Good day

Looking good!  Thanks for sharing.

I think it's one of those things where if you want one you'll get it regardless of price purely to play your old games or write music in a format that is more suited to modern TV and its graphical capabilities. For me I would love to get one if it was cheaper but then again I think if you want to play your old games on your TV surely a cable to plug your laptop into your TV and running an emulator of your favourite games would be easier?

Turku, FIN

Who wants to start coding a vjing software for GB? I have some nice ideas! Also, I can do GFX's.

Newcastle - UK

I really like the idea of this for playing games on my HDTV, but there's a couple of things about it that surprise me, given the amount of extra space this thing affords for mods:

No power supply socket - I know you could use a DMG-USB cable or an original mains adapter, but this seems like a missed opportunity

Mono sound through HDMI only? Why not stereo?