was wondering if anyone had any success making tunes on the pi? im currently getting the B+ model and was interested how well it can handle the processes.

Baja California

there's lpgt for raspberry pi. there are emulators of old computers like spectrum, c64 and atari st. as far as i know, most work well maybe except for the atari one (i don't know if someone managed to make it work). finally i could be wrong but i think there's milkytracker for the raspberry pi?

IL, US

milkytracker does indeed run on pi

Sweeeeeeden

Stephane Hochenhull's Gameboy Tracker, aka Paragon5 tracker, actually has a RPi port.

https://rv6502.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Boy_Tracker

it works really well for schism tracker although going fullscreen proved too taxing, i guess the gpu is too weak. anyhow i wrote a couple of albums on it using schism tracker and since it is too slow to run anything else it's great 'cause there are no distractions!

It's the CPU, not likely to be the GPU.  The Pi actually has a pretty capable GPU, it's CPU is dire though.  I've found Pis to be all but unusable for anything that you actually want to do with them.. You're better off with an Android or iOS device these days.

you are right actually, what i remember i think is that it had a good gpu but none of the linux distros you could get for it were programmed to make use of it! maybe that has changed by now

in any case i am not sure if it is as bad as you make it out to be! it is just different to those things... running a web server or a c compiler or an irc bouncer or schism tracker would probably be a massive pain on an ipad (and they cost £400) and all those things are easy to do on a raspberry pi (which costs £40)

sandneil wrote:

it works really well for schism tracker although going fullscreen proved too taxing, i guess the gpu is too weak. anyhow i wrote a couple of albums on it using schism tracker and since it is too slow to run anything else it's great 'cause there are no distractions!

this is actually a really cool idea to have a zero distractions schism tracker station!

ty to all!

United States

There's a raspberry pi port of sunvox.

sandneil wrote:

you are right actually, what i remember i think is that it had a good gpu but none of the linux distros you could get for it were programmed to make use of it! maybe that has changed by now

in any case i am not sure if it is as bad as you make it out to be! it is just different to those things... running a web server or a c compiler or an irc bouncer or schism tracker would probably be a massive pain on an ipad (and they cost £400) and all those things are easy to do on a raspberry pi (which costs £40)

And Android devices fall in price every day.  Emulation puts more musical power in your pocket than any piece of gear available.  Those other things are fine, and a Pi will do them, but music was the topic.

it's not very worth arguing about

Unsubscribe

YOU GUYS KNOW WHATS REALLY GOOD FOR MAKING MUSIC: ACOUSTIC GUITARS

IL, US

based on all the youtube acoustic guitar covers of overrated green day songs, i have to disgree

Unsubscribe

counter: every dubstep drop tutorial

IL, US

touche