Hey Guys,

First i just want to say that i found some useful information on this forum. It's really awesome!

I'm kinda new to LSDJ and i'm working on my first track.
I finally understood how to do proper triplet but i'm struggling with another problems.
How can i do Augmentation dot ? I understand that Augmentation dot adds half of the original note's length. How can i transcribe this in LSDJ.

Thanks in advance.

Antwerp, Belgium

Simple version: you can't. There's simply no direct translation from sheet music in terms of note length to tracker. Every instrument has an envelope length, but this length has nothing to do with pattern length and can't be arbitrarily changed (it can be shortened or lengthened, not easily halved or 1.5'ed*)

Complicated version: you can: If you put a note on line 0 of a pattern and a K command (or new note) on line 4 you have a quarter note. Put the K command (or new note) on line 6 and you've effectively `dotted' the note, although this is of little help when actually composing I think.

*this can actually be done using tables, but only using absolute lengths, not relative lengths.

Unsubscribe
Vegasdiamond wrote:

Complicated version: you can: If you put a note on line 0 of a pattern and a K command (or new note) on line 4 you have a quarter note. Put the K command (or new note) on line 6 and you've effectively `dotted' the note, although this is of little help when actually composing I think. .

Dont forget you can use d commands to retard the notes and groove commands to give you extra or less ticks as needed. By default you have 6 ticks per quarter note resolution but with smart grove/tempo mapping you can get super into funky time signatures and lengths.

Matthew Joseph Payne

This is relatively subjective, so I'm going to offer another answer that might be more understandable to you, depending on how you learn best. There's a few different ways to do this, and it depends on what your rhythmic base is - i.e. how many steps of a phrase you are considering a "quarter note" based on whatever notation you might be transcribing.

The basic gist is that a note in LSDJ with no envelope information (with x8 as the envelope perameter, either with an Ex8 command or x8 as the Envelope parameter for the relevant instrument) will sustain indefinitely, until it is either cut off with a new E command, a K (kill) command, or superseded by a new note.

So if you're assuming that a quarter note is equal to four steps on the phrase screen (which is pretty common), you want your note to last 6 steps and you should put a K00 command or another note (or an Ex1 command if you want to get fancy) on the 7th step.

Thanks for your answers. It really help.

Gosford, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

Dont forget you can use d commands to retard the notes

i'm offended by this

because, like, isn't a retardation when a non-chord tone resolves upwards?

Seattle, WA

I highly recommend reading the LSDJ manual, every time I go through it I figure out something new. The part on how the envelope works is going to be most helpful for this particular problem.

http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest … _4_6_6.pdf

Victory Road wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Dont forget you can use d commands to retard the notes

i'm offended by this

because, like, isn't a retardation when a non-chord tone resolves upwards?

First time I've laughed today, thanks.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am)