Harrisonburg, Virginia

It's time for Chiptune Timebomb, the tri-monthly unofficial timed Chiptunes=WIN challenge! Please read this entire post for all of the rules and details for this month's challenge:

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS DURING WHICH TO WRITE A SONG, STARTING NOW. YOU MAY ONLY SPEND 8 OF THOSE HOURS ON YOUR SONG. THIS IS AN 8-HOUR CHALLENGE. 8 hours seemed to work pretty well last time (for Nitro Pulse's original Timebomb challenge) for people who either didn't know about this challenge or were busy during it (thus the 24 hour period this challenge takes place during).

YOU MUST TURN IN YOUR TRACK BY 11:59 EST NOV. 23. If you cannot make this deadline, email me as soon as you read this.

This page shows how long the event is and what time you should submit the track in your time zone.

THIS MONTH'S THEME IS "OVERSTUFFED" or "OVERFULL". You can decide whatever those words mean to you, just as long as your song is awesome. ;3

There is no limit to what you may use to create this song. DAWs, LSDJ, other trackers, use what you want. You just have 8 hours to complete it.

This is not just a chiptune challenge. If you want to flex your guitar or DAW skills here as well, go for it. You must abide by all the same rules that apply to your medium of choice, though.

Songs must be at least 1 minute long, no exceptions.

I will be putting this compilation on bandcamp (for free) and collecting your soundcloud uploads into a playlist. I also want source files if you can upload them or have access to them. If you are using a DAW, then just disregard this rule. Just give me whatever tracker/sav file you have for your song within reason.

So, when you have finished your song (please ensure there's no clipping), please record and save it as a WAV file, upload it to Soundcloud with the tag ChiptuneTimebomb, and email the WAV/SAV/Tracker file(s) to me at chiptunetimebomb @ gmail . com . In the email body, use this template:

Song name:
Artist name:
Time spent making song:
Software used:
Cover/Original:
If cover, original artist/track name:

There is no curation process. If you submit a song, it will get put into this compo.

---

NOTICE! This is not just a musician's challenge. If you can and want to, you may submit art to be used in or for album art as well. You have 8 hours to create an image. If you are creating album art, make sure that you create a square image at least 1000x1000 in size or easily scaleable to that dimension or higher.

The theme is the same, but just make sure there is some sort of reference to Thanksgiving in the art.

Please email me a clean copy and a copy with a title on it (if you have a preferred font you want to use). That title should be "Chiptune Timebomb November 2014." Use this template the email body:

Artist name (or real name):
Time spent on art:
Software used:

---

This challenge is also taking place over on the Chiptunes=WIN Facebook group HERE.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread or email me at chiptunetimebomb @ gmail . com .

Last edited by Russellian (Nov 23, 2014 4:58 pm)