Amsterdam

Dear dear people,

In 2010 I (DS-10 Dominator) started www.DS10forum.com together with HarleyLikesMusic. We did this out of a passion for the software, and the joy of creating a community to push both amateurs and more advanced musicians further.

And indeed a wonderful community shaped. 4 Years later we had over 10.000 posts, and an amazingly passionate user base that was always there to help. We discovered a lot hidden tricks in the KORG DS softwares and we released several compilation albums. Some are out on http://ds10forum.bandcamp.com

Around the end of 2013 Harley and I decided we were going to pass the forum on to another admin. We both can't give the time and passion to the forum anymore that made it as great as it is (was). So we found the very friendly and helpful 'cfgk24' to take over some tasks, but he lacks the technical skills to keep the forum up to date (safe, stable, etc) and to give an an aesthetic overhaul.

*BOOOOM*

.....and now the forum has crashed / has been hacked(?), lot of the posts have suddenly gone missing (only 1400 posts wtf?... i think older posts have been deleted or so). But most of the database has been backed up. And it seems the most recent posts are still accessible. It's a phpbb system. We're really hoping someone wants to take this over somehow, because the information we gathered there was extensive and valuable.

Would it be an idea to somehow merge with chipmusic.org?

thanks,
rutger

Last edited by Diskette Deluxe (Nov 25, 2014 9:11 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Reply on Facebook, yo!

vancouver, canada

I just want to point out that a lot of the knowledge and techniques shared via this board applies directly also to the KORG DSN-12, the DS-10's recently-released 3DS successor.  So it would be good to preserve the data for something more than just archival purposes.

Utah

Hey, I just joined this site recently. I thought it looked a little sparse, now I know why! I hope you guys are able to get everything up again, it is a great site.

WAAAAAAAGH! I'm not a computery progammery type person sad

Liverpool, UK

I wouldn't want to take over any admin duties or technical mabobs, but I'd be happy to post a mirror of the site (edit: on calmdownkidder.com) for preservation purposes.

Last edited by calmdownkidder (Nov 28, 2014 5:53 pm)