Hey guys a simple question here.

Is it normal that everytime i try to make some sort of panning with the O command there's always a "clip" before the sound play. I found it really annoying and i can't get ride of it.

Thanks

NC in the US of America

Yes it is normal. Try masking it under percussive sounds or creating instruments with the Output (edit: L/R) parameter already set to which ever side you want rather than using O commands (less clicky). Or embrace it \o/

Or all three. Or none. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Dec 4, 2014 8:50 pm)

Unsubscribe

If you do it fast enough it makes a neat droney sound.

buffalo, NY

If it's changing at 16th notes or less, try changing the INSTRUMENT to one that has an L or R setting in the settings.  No clip

danimal cannon wrote:

If it's changing at 16th notes or less, try changing the INSTRUMENT to one that has an L or R setting in the settings.  No clip

buffalo, NY

iddqdizzzle

Seattle, WA

Use the O command click.

Love the O command click.

Minneapolis, MN

idkfa

Detroit

I personally love the click

Gosford, Australia

apparently it's less noticeable on a GBC and i read somewhere that it's basically nonexistent on SPs

danimal cannon wrote:

For the Pulse channel it works very well Thanks! But it is suposed to work in the noise channel ?

btw thanks for all the replies!

as said, an instrument for every setting is the key

I remember I get anoyed with the clicks when I started to use gameboy, basically clicks appears when you change the settings of a note, be it the volume envelope (custom or kill), the paning or the wave shape, fortunately you can do pitch changes smile, and is one of the reasons I consider the gameboy "musically"  less expressive than other chips when you need to control volume in any way you like (there ar hacks although), well stiill anoys me that I cant do custom envelopes and smooth sounds with modulation in wav chanel without those clicks everytime the wave changes, but all platforms has their own flaws

Last edited by r0lemusic (Dec 5, 2014 11:01 pm)