Boston, MA

Hi everyone! This is my latest release, Sonus Antiquitatum. As my first 2xLSDJ venture, these tracks make up the four movements of a sonata for two Game Boys. With the exception of just a few modern elements, and the exclusion of most internal repeats, it stays largely true to the typical form of an early/mid 19th-century sonata. But it's also full of the driving, beat-intensive music common to chiptunes, so really--and I stress this--you don't have to know or even care about any of that classical stuff to listen to it. That was just my inspiration for the structure and overall tone. But altogether, I tried my best to blend the old with the new to make something everyone can enjoy! Hope you guys like it!

Bandcamp: https://soleviio.bandcamp.com/album/sonus-antiquitatum
Souncloud: https://soundcloud.com/soleviio

Clermont-Ferrand, France

How is that no one has bumped this yet ?
This is one of my 2014 favs !

TX

This is solid. Listening to it reminds me of just how heavy the classical influences are in a lot of the best old video game music. I remember wanting to make something sorta like this once upon a time, but then I realized I don't know enough about classical music. I'm happy that someone else does.

The Rubber Man

Man, this is FAN*TAS*TIC.

Chicago

what a lovely composition, a treat to hear a modern, well-executed take on classical arrangements

Seattle, WA

Reminds me of Danimal Cannon's Moonlight Sonata cover from the 8bc days. Great stuff.

WOW can't wait to listen to this tonight

Whateverville, California

Jesus Christ. This is beautiful.

yeah that was really fucking amazing, i listened whilst playing Final Fantasy Adventure, it was better than the original soundtrack ha ha thanks man great stuff, cant wait to plug TWO dmgs together myself after xmas....

So. California

Is it too much to call your release a masterpiece?

Clermont-Ferrand, France
Lack of Sound wrote:

Is it too much to call your release a masterpiece?

Personnally I think it's alright.

Brighton/Southampton

This is pretty enjoyable. The classical influence is certainly there, and it's always cool to hear classical structures and progressions in popular and modern musical styles.

Last edited by Fearofdark (Dec 21, 2014 5:45 pm)

Göteborg

Great release Soleviio!!

I tip my hat to you sir