Planet Zaxxon

After recently experiencing some negativity directed towards me for no reason (or reasons that contain no logic), I decided to take matter into my own hands and give some stuff away (for *FREE*) to positive people who deserve it !! smile

Congratulations! You have been entered to win some fabulous prizes! Contest applies to residents of US/Canada only (sorry about that overseas friends.) Shipping rates are even included!

=GRAND PRIZE=
-1 winner

Compaq Armada 7360DMT Laptop Package

This was my first OPL3 laptop I ever purchased. I learned Adlib Tracker II on this, as well as Impulse Tracker. Now it can be yours!

This in an old school laptop designed to do old school things! It will come loaded with programs/games for you to immediately get started......

Specs:

ESS Audiodrive sound card (SB16 compatible)
128 MB ram
8GB HD
Tracker programs (Adlib Tracker II, Impulse Tracker, Fast Tracker, Nerd Tracker)
Complete ST-XX sample disks
Various MOD/IT/XM files for your listening enjoyment
Games !!

ALSO:

(1) pair of Sony headphones
(1) extra hard drive
(1) Radlib T-shirt
(1) Warez Waldo "The Arrival" on compact disc!!

=Runner up=
-1 winner

Yamaha Portasound PSS-140

Baby FM power!!! A tiny keyboard for making tiny jams! Go for it! I am still trying to find the adapter for it, but it works 100 percent on AA batteries. An adapter wouldn't be hard to find for this anyways.

ALSO:

(1) Radlib T-shirt (ooops not pictured, oops, but you will get one!)

=2nd runner up=
-1 winner

Gemini DSP-1 DJ effects unit

A neat little effects unit produced by the silly Gemini Corporation. It has 2 sets of stereo RCA INS and OUTS. This would be ideal for gameboy peeps or something of that nature, to add some lofi flair to their tracks/transitions in a real time setting. I found it best to be plugged directly into it, rather than as an AUX SEND.

ALSO:

=Consolation Prize=
-5 winners

Warez Waldo's debut release, "The Arrival" on compact disc !!

Rules And Regulations:

To be entered in this contest you must do the following:

1. Write a 9999999999999 word or less essay describing why you would be the best recipient for these nice prizes.
-Submissions will be reviewed via "private message" system only. Please make subject: "Hey knucklehead, gimmie that OPL3!!!"

2. Please include name and email address in submission. I will use email to notify the winners as well as announce in this post.

2. Be excellent to each other.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR REVIEW WILL BE:

CLOSED !!! THANKS !!

AND HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL WINNERS!!!!

Grand Prize/OPL3 Laptop:

mysteria

*ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*

Here is what she wrote:

About 15 years ago, a little girl asked Santa for a Game Boy Color. I remember turning it on and leaving it on the menu screen on Link's Awakening just to listen to the music while I watched TV. By the time second grade rolled around, everyone was listening to N*Sync, while I had an obsession with Zelda and The Beach Boys. As I got older, I realized that these games weren't revolutionary and there were many like them, with even better music. My older sister had an NES (that she never told me about! *ugh*), that I discovered in the attic. I began playing her games and I was infatuated with them.

Quite a few years later I looked up where to find the music I loved as a child, I then found the realm of chip music. People still make this? I obviously wasn't around to see the glory days, but who knew that there was a community out there that enjoyed the stuff I enjoyed. I began exploring 8bitpeoples, and found that there was a documentary on all of this. So, I watched Reformat The Planet and almost cried from excitement! I had no idea that there were *others* out there. I guess living in Macon (nowherenearanythingexciting) Georgia didn't help either. I heard about this festival, Blip Festival, in NYC. Unfortunately I never made it up there, but I'm hoping one day it'll happen again. There isn't that big of a chiptune scene here in Georgia. So having this online community was so exciting.

When I started exploring, I first found Smiletron, Nullsleep, Covox, Bit Shifter, and you. I grabbed up 2 Le Chip 2 Quit, and a handful of singles from other artists. They reminded me of the excitement and clarity of being a child. They brought me back to a place in life where nothing else mattered except begin able to come home from school and crank up the Game Boy. Now, I've come to a deeper appreciation for the music and those who write it. Over the years, I have begun to write music, with chiptunes as my foundation.

I began making music on Ableton (I guess as most "producers" do nowadays). I had no idea what i was doing and I spent most of my time with my head buried in the Ableton Live x Power, and my face glued to YouTube tutorials. 3 years later decided I wanted to DJ. Nowhere in Atlanta would book me if I played chiptunes, so I pulled a not-so-fast one and played dubstep (the only thing Atlanta could enjoy at the time) while integrating chiptunes into my sets. But then DJing got lame and I felt empty inside from playing out other people's music. It wasn't fair how I could be having all of the fun on stage while these other people were busy making the music and I knew how much work went into it. So now, I'm back to square one and producing again.

/*My apologies, I totally went over on words, so I'll wrap it up.*/

If I were to receive this prize, it would help me to expand my horizons with producing music. This is a technology I have longed to learn for years, but I have never gotten the chance to simply because I have no idea where to start. If I were to learn this, I believe I could have an opportunity to bring the joy of chiptunes to a part of the United States it hasn't quite reached yet. I want future generations to have the opportunity to experience and enjoy this music as I did. I want this music to live on.

Long live Lo-Fi.
Long live MS-DOS.
Long live the OPL3.

- Mysteria

================================================

Runner-up/Keyboard

Xuriik

2nd Runner up/DSP-1

tape_loop

Consolation prizes:

snesei  *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
Adam D. Seats (waiting on shipping address)
2PLAYER *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
Imaginary *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
Beware *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
ledmachine *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
The One Electronic *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
metaronnaut *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*
b4by f4c3 *ITEM HAS BEEN SHIPPED 2/3/2015*

-Radlib
Planet Zaxxon

Last edited by Radlib (Feb 6, 2015 4:30 pm)

the valley

omg yea

buffalo, NY

How could anyone say anything negative about Planet Zaxxon?  Seriously what the fuck

Michigan

Oooh. Gotta enter. Thats my fiancee's birthday too. tongue

Radlib wrote:

2. Be excellent to each other.

Party on, dude.

Wow. Im kind of confused but this is awesome.

Utah

Carl, how you be so rad(lib)?

Seattle, WA

I just went on a 500 word tangent, good luck to other contest entrants.

Massachusetts, USA

I am also confused by any negativity towards you, you the raddest!

Australia

Just added this thread to the list of reasons I wish I lived in the USA :-P

Planet Zaxxon

Wow, thanks for all the interest so far guys!! And I already got 2 submissions! If interest really picks up and I get lots of submissions, I will add another prize. smile

Keep em coming!!

Whateverville, California

Hell yeah. Keep that karma flowing! The world needs more of this.

Unsubscribe

Im not entering, but I just want to say i love you and everything you do, Mr Radlib.

Not at all cool. I think an apology should be in order, not a contest.

Unsubscribe

the only apologies radlibs owes is to all the untalented chumps he's psyched out by being measures of magnitude more awesome than them. Insincere apologies.

Last edited by herr_prof (Dec 19, 2014 6:26 pm)

Liverpool, UK

Which cheeky cunt has been badmouthing you? I'll fucken hook em in the gab m8