Bella Vista

Universe is a simple game where you have to discover planets through the universe.
There are some hazards around so you have to gather resources from discovered planets and improve your ship to survive.
Return to your Space Station for Upgrades!

Play
http://bit.ly/UNIVERSENG

CONTROLS
UP & DOWN - Foward / Back
LEFT & RIGHT - Rotate

X - Extract Resources
Z - Hold to repair your ship (needs Yellow resources)
C - Hold to refuel your ship (need Green resources)

M - To mute
F - To Fullscreen

I made this game after watching a trailer of No manĀ“s sky and impose myself a rule: dont make a shooter game.

Thanks to Wren (Alexander Petrov Sanchez) for this awesome music.
Thanks to Noid Hunter for the cover art.
Thanks to Abraham Monroy for helping me in some stuff (ISS has his name)

If you want to check more games please go to www.jupitron.com.ar!

Send some words @jupitron or [email protected]

nitro2k01 edit: made the title overly clear.

Last edited by jupitron (Dec 23, 2014 6:00 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Really great!, a lot like Star Control!

San Diego, CA

yay flixel default font

if you want an in-depth critique of this game pm me or just let me know somehow!

the tl;dr version is I really like it! but I think you could go even farther with the "no shooting" rule -- you're creating a weird dissonance when you make a game ostensibly about exploration and stuff and then put intense music and other ships that shoot at you and asteroids. all of those things suggest a way to at least interact with the threats to get them to disappear w/out just running into them, so you can either create that interaction or get rid of the threats. either way it'll make the game more cohesive imo!

it's really cool though big_smile

Bella Vista
spacetownsavior wrote:

yay flixel default font

if you want an in-depth critique of this game pm me or just let me know somehow!

the tl;dr version is I really like it! but I think you could go even farther with the "no shooting" rule -- you're creating a weird dissonance when you make a game ostensibly about exploration and stuff and then put intense music and other ships that shoot at you and asteroids. all of those things suggest a way to at least interact with the threats to get them to disappear w/out just running into them, so you can either create that interaction or get rid of the threats. either way it'll make the game more cohesive imo!

it's really cool though big_smile

Hi! Please write your review right here, its really amazing to me to hear what you really think about the game, it helps me to improve. Ill try to fix things thats several players where telling me, im not a kind of dev that keeps working on "closed" games, i just leave it with its flaws and move on.

Thank you all for playing!

Bella Vista

NEW UPDATES!

-You keep resources after dying.
-Now you start next to a planet to extract resources and get a handful to get going.
-Alien doesnt spawn too fast after killing them.
-Alien ships cant damage you when upgrading your ship.
-Planets now have something like a "sonar system" to easier access.

OLD UPDATES!
-Half damage from aliens and asteroids
-Ship health doesnt decrease when flying
-Upgrades are now cheaper
-Fuel usage decreased