Sweden

Hey there!

recently posted this in the ''releases'' tab, hope you wont get mad at me for also posting it here. I am looking for some feedback.

IMO I think I'm pretty focused on what type of sound I've been going for, but there is still some stuff that isn't as clear. The main problem have been the mastering, but I'm worried I've might have missed stuff since I haven't tried listening to it in mono, inside car etc.. I would love to know how you experience the sound and if there is something you feel needs improving.

Other than that I'll gladly take feedback about how the music itself, did it feel natural in its ''construction'', was it too repetitive? Anything is good to know! big_smile

Also, first time doing artwork for myself, does it look good? I love hexagons.

TY for the help! smile

EDIT: Here's the link https://florianolsson.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by Florian (Jan 6, 2015 5:14 pm)

link?

Sweden

haha, oops. Here it is! https://florianolsson.bandcamp.com/

Sorry mate I like it to much to say what's wrong with it my only criticism is the first two songs are kinda similar in some places
pusspuss

farts

it doesnt suck.. not really my cup of tea but i broke out my good headphones to listen and it sounds on point.. IMO needs more amen breaks lol jk

Sweden

Haha, thanks! Yeah, I do feel like some of the tracks is similiar in some parts. Kinda happens naturally when you keep creating without breaks, which is something I'll try do more for my next stuff.

Sweden

Awesome to hear the mastering is working out!

England

i would work on your percussion a bit more. is it the same drum sounds in all the songs? i think that would help if you are feeling the songs are too repetitive .

Montreal, Canada

Overall sound: It's both a pro and a con, but it really all sounds kind of the same. It's a pro because it associates a certain sound with you....gives a sense of unity to the songs. But it's also a con in the sense that the whole EP sounds like you used the exact same instruments/sounds with the exact same mix everywhere.

Mix quality: I find the mix lacks shine and bite, but that might be Bandcamp. Mid range seems subdued and the very top of the high end seems to be missing entirely. So while the lows hit the sweet spot, the rest lacks punch and definition I find. I'm using Event 20/20BAS monitors in a treated room (good!) but I've just come down from 4-5h of composing (bad!) so my ears might be tired a bit.

Musicality: Not the type of music to float my boat, but it's well produced, the intentions are clear, and the music comes through. I didn't find myself thinking "what the exact fuck is he trying to accomplish here?"