matt's mind

thanks!  yes, it does

what about sav file management?  this is what i meant in particular, rather than choosing the ROM

or, if there is no GUI for sav file 'choosing', is the ROM/sav 'pairing' done through a naming scheme, perhaps?  in other words, let's say you have two versions of LSDJ.  LSDJ1 and LSDJ2.  each patched with their own kits.  and let's say you had 2 LSDJ sav files on the cart (just a random #).  how do you instruct the device to pair LSDJ1 ROM with LSDJ1 sav file, or then later perhaps pair LSDJ1 ROM with LSDJ2 sav file.  (if you had created a sav you wanted played back through two different kits, perhaps).  or, does the cart automatically try to pair a ROM named "XYZ.gb" with a sav called "XYZ.sav", as in the case of some emulators. 

or is there a second screen to pick which sav to use for that session?  (and if its via a common naming scheme, i guess the next logical question is can files be renamed in order to reassign them?)

perhaps that is a confusing example.   i hope you get my meaning!

Australia

Hi Kitsch,

The ROM's that require SRAM (The ones you marked the checkbox when making the ROM compilation) will be given an SRAM allocation starting from 1, working up to 4 (for the 64M) of 16 (for the 256M). If you can't remember how you compiled, there is a high chance that you can go through your ROM list from the boot menu and see that the first ROM on the list that uses SRAM would use SRAM slot 1, second would use 2 etc...

In the current software release that is how it is managed. But now that you mention it, Would it be better to have a separate program with a GUI that reads all the ROM's titles off the cart, and gives you access to their SRAM via the ROM name?

There is no way to swap .Sav's out in game, only via the PC software. I'd like to make the software as user friendly as possible so please continue the questions and suggestions and I'll make it happen in the next release!

Ben

Australia

I've just put together a small program that will read the ROM list from your cart and show you where each ROM resides in terms of SRAM 'Slots'

That should make it easier to identify where to load/save .Sav files.

It will be added to the Software Download Pack soon.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

EDIT- Has been added.

Using this program, you will get the SRAM Slot number the ROM of interest resides in. Using this number, In the Flash Writer program, you can select this SRAM Slot and Load/Save .SAV files.

As for the example earlier where a particular save was to be shared between multiple LSDJ versions, You have a couple of options. You can either use the above program to write directly to the LSDJ version of interest, or when compiling you can compile 2 LSDJ versions into the 1 SRAM slot (Add the second LSDJ without the SRAM box ticked - this will slot it directly after the first LSDJ version) and both LSDJ versions will share the 1 Save file.

I expect future Compiler releases to be more graphical, with SRAM regions displayed on screen and simply drag the ROM(s) where you would like them placed. Something similar with the Flash software, A graphical representation of the carts contents, both ROM and SRAM icons to drag to a desktop folder, or to the cart.

Edit - New SRAM Manager

A more user friendly SRAM GUI I've been working on. I hope to have it integrated into the main release soon. Simply select the ROM, and press Send or Get. Easy!

Last edited by BennVenn (Jan 10, 2015 9:06 pm)

Bucharest, Romania

What's the best way of buying these for EU customers?

I offer international shipping which is trackable.  It costs a little more, but it insures us both in case something happens to the shipment.

Unsubscribe

this would really come in handy for custom kit lsdj users for a live cart... very tempting!

Australia

Software update just released,

For those that have the need for speed:

Faster optimisation and ROM pre-processing has resulted in faster flash write speeds. The latest software release can write 4 copies of LSDJ in 6minutes 30seconds. That's an average write speed of 1.1mbyte per minute, 3 times faster than previous software versions.

Next will be to reduce the chip erase time by around 1/4 - 1/8th what it currently is, and perhaps shave a little more off the flash write speed.

For most, re-writing an entire cart will be a rare occurrence, but those re-flashing often should benefit from these updates.

Ben

Future updates in the works:

LSDSNG import/export to make better use of the 32K limitation
Flash File Manager for LSDJ - Incorporated File Manager to remove the 32K limit, support > 64 songs per LSDJ instance.
SRAM utility
Greater flash write speeds.

Last edited by BennVenn (Jan 13, 2015 1:21 am)

Australia

I've finished patching LSDJ for full compatibility with my carts. This means there is no longer a 32K limitation and you get access to the full file system (128K)

Also patched my Linker code to import individual lsdsng files to add to your file list on your cart. No need to dump the entire 128K, play around in the lsdsng editor and copy back to the cart. Simply connect the linker and transfer the LSDSNG you want!

Now the BennVenn 64m cart & Linker is the ultimate LSDJ platform! Fast, reliable and convenient transfers, low power logic (less inverter switching / bus noise) and cheap!

Michigan
BennVenn wrote:

I've finished patching LSDJ for full compatibility with my carts. This means there is no longer a 32K limitation and you get access to the full file system (128K)

Also patched my Linker code to import individual lsdsng files to add to your file list on your cart. No need to dump the entire 128K, play around in the lsdsng editor and copy back to the cart. Simply connect the linker and transfer the LSDSNG you want!

Now the BennVenn 64m cart & Linker is the ultimate LSDJ platform! Fast, reliable and convenient transfers, low power logic (less inverter switching / bus noise) and cheap!

Well...goodness. Kudos sir.

Ben has been relentless in making sure he has all of his bases covered.  LSDJ is pretty demanding as far as resources and Ben has come through like a champ dealing with all of these issues.  For my money this is the best cart that is out there as far as features to price ratio is concerned, PERIOD!

SLC, UT

If I've already purchased a cart and linker, how do I go about updating them? Will I need to purchase a flasher as well?

Australia

Stargazer, PM'd

Kroaton wrote:

I don’t know how it is in “Romania” concerning tax and fees for packets outside of EU, but in DK and DE you get ripped off by customs authorities at the border wink

*Just keep it in mind*

Abandoned on Fire

Ok, now I'm impressed. Well done, sir!

Last edited by egr (Jan 15, 2015 1:06 pm)

Bucharest, Romania
waveboy wrote:
Kroaton wrote:

I don’t know how it is in “Romania” concerning tax and fees for packets outside of EU, but in DK and DE you get ripped off by customs authorities at the border wink

*Just keep it in mind*

Yeah, I know.

That's mostly why I was asking about the possibility of there being a EU distributor.

I can affirm that.  DE and DK are the worst as far as customs fees.  I have had a package shipped back from Germany after the customs officials actually looked up my website confirmed my price was lower than I had indicated on my customs paper work and shipped it back to me.  Worst in the whole world.

I have even shipped packages to France and had the Germans take a day trip to pick up in France to avoid the Custom's Nazi's!