Chicago, IL

Hi all,
getting in a bad habit of posting off-topic but game-related things. Forgiveness please.

I just loaded up a esr PS2 disc with every SNES and NES rom in existence for winter hibernation. Any underrated, little known games I should try? It seems to have most japanese games too, although I have no idea what they are...

bubble bath babes

Chicago, IL
JodyBigfoot wrote:

bubble bath babes

lol i was surprised to see that WAS on the dvd.

EVO is a pretty interesting SNES game.

Pop 'N Twinbee is a really good cute 'em up on SNES. Really nice art style and its easy to pick up.

Planet Zaxxon

yo:

Ghost Lion
Rockin Kats
Faria
Shatterhand
Monster Party
Rainbow Islands
Roller Games

Chicago, IL
Radlib wrote:

yo:

Ghost Lion
Rockin Kats
Faria
Shatterhand
Monster Party
Rainbow Islands
Roller Games

ill check that out, i remember renting Faria when I was a kid, it was the first RPG i ever tired...

rampart is amazing you played that?

Chicago, IL
JodyBigfoot wrote:

rampart is amazing you played that?

thats one i totally forgot about..i had always seen it but never rented it.

the 2player works perfect too on this thing, i wasn't expecting that...

I prefer the arcade version of rampart but the NES was cool as fuck, I wish i could play you online h ha

I dunno about underated but if you can complete Battletoads you desrve some sort of prize, I used to think I could get really far on it, then I recently watched the longplay on youtube and realised I only ever got about 15% of the way....

Ooh I thought of some others on NES.

Mr. Gimmick! (not sure if this will play correctly on ps2. uses a weird soundchip)
Cocoron
Recca '92
Alter Ego (fun homebrew puzzle platformer. probably not in the pack you downloaded. soundtrack by kulor!)

+1 on Shatterhand, too.

Philadelphia, PA

My favorite game of all time is "Nightshade" for NES. It's kind of a platformer, kind of a point-and-click adventure, kind of a fighting game.. Hard to describe, but I've always loved it. Fun and clever puzzles, and a great sense of humor. (If you play it, you might see my avatar pop up..)

Whateverville, California

The NES version of Rampart is one of my favorite games of all time. Arcade not so much, (Curse you, never-fully-functioning-trackballs.)

As far as SNES, we used to get down on some Gemfire; It's a semi-clunky troop commanding RPG kind of thing.
Claymates is a pretty odd one; it's a fun platformer where you change into different animals throughout levels to solve puzzles and advance.
Battletoads & Double Dragon is probably overrated, but you mentioned two-player and I couldn't resist throwing it out there. It's too fun to play with a bro by your side. (And not quite as completely impossible as the other Battletoads games.)
Also in the "probably not that under-appreciated" category, but also another two-player banger is Micro Machines. This one can kill a whole day pretty quickly, especially if you have people rotating in & out on controllers.

Spookane, Warshington

I second E.V.O. That game is pretty cool.
Plok is OK... mainly for it's soundtrack.
Lufia 2 I remember being a pretty interesting RPG.
The Lost Vikings, Tetris Attack, Kirby's Avalanche, and Kirby's Dream Course are all pretty fun if you have a P2.

Thinking about all these games makes me sad that I'm not currently playing them. (@ ^ @)

ah yes i heard about the trackball problem, i was playing ona PS2 arcade classics disc i picked up for a couple quid and though the cursor was strange the general gameplay was pretty cool

Detroit, Michigan

NES
Batman Revenge of Joker
Little Sampson
Crystalis

SNES
Plok
Magical Quest feat. Mickey (both 1 and 2 are great)
Sunset Riders