Hello everyone! I started modding my first CBG and have been searching around and learning lots. However There seems to be very little information (that I could find) on adding switches to it, such as placement and types of switches that would work. After stumbling upon these rocker switches in the customized gear thread I thought it would look really sharp in a CBG. Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of room because it's very deep and I really wanted it near the top. So I was wondering if you could remove the IR lights and the section of the board they occupy, but I don't know if there are any traces under the surface that are used for other stuff. Picture with the area in question outlined in a red rectangle. Side note, can the IR sensors be removed without the gameboy having issues?

Alternatively, I have seen one or two nice slide switch mods Like the green and purple ones here. But they don't give any information on how it was done. I prefer not to glue, since I like how the panel mount style looks better, but I would do it if necessary. Also, the snap-in panel mount slide switches I could find were all huge.

Then there are these panel mount swtiches but would require unsightly screws to attach it to the gameboy. I don't know if I would like it as much, but probably easier to mount than gluing one to the inside.

Any thoughts or ideas, or am I making this too complicated?

Last edited by kuzimoto (Jan 23, 2015 3:08 pm)

I also want to add a switch to my CGB. Some information would be very helpfull.