UK / FR

http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopi … 25#1384825

This might be interesting to people here, it's a pretty indepth piece about metroid 2 for the gameboy. Its pretty long, but i like the emphasis placed on the admittedly atonal and abrasive soundtrack.

The full soundtracks on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhOVLYFp3Q its er.. pretty tough listening!

Nottingham, UK

Metroid 2 was my first gameboy game.  It was way too hard for me at the time as a kidlet and I have fond memories of being totally creeped out by its general vibe. It's great to see a write up like this from someone who clearly has a lot of affection for the game. If that's the right word.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 3, 2015 10:16 pm)

Quite the passionate and in-depth interpretation of such a wonderful game.
Great read!

Nottingham, UK

I'm going to dig it out.

San Diego, CA

yay someone else frequents selectbutton yay

Michigan

Cool read, thanks for the soundtrack link too. Reminds me that I still can't find my copy anywhere.

Probably one of the most bullshit extrapolated fantasies about a game I've ever read. I was laughing, and then I ended up feeling sorry for this person by the end of it.

settle

Thanks for sharing!

It's refreshing to see a game review with a bit of humanity in it. Definitely worth a read. Fun game too (man I remember the mazes tongue)

San Diego, CA
duo wrote:

Probably one of the most bullshit extrapolated fantasies about a game I've ever read. I was laughing, and then I ended up feeling sorry for this person by the end of it.

wow cool great contribution

spacetownsavior wrote:

So if I don't share the same opinion of it, you resort to cheap sarcasm instead of bothering to ask about it or try to figure out why someone has a different opinion.

I was literally just playing Metroid II when i saw this... The game kinda scared me when I was a kid. I now know why, it gives a great dark and eerie atmosphere. Anyways thanks it was a good read now time to get back to it I'm at 11.

duo wrote:
spacetownsavior wrote:

So if I don't share the same opinion of it, you resort to cheap sarcasm instead of bothering to ask about it or try to figure out why someone has a different opinion.

We value your opinion, but it's not nice if you don't coddle others online. ;-)

I'm not going to say the "T" word cause it's a BS word someone made up to conveniently cover all the myriad of variations of disagreement.
In this case though, I think it was a tad bit more on the disrespectful side, as there are always respectful mannerisms in disagreeing, but I have to respecfully disagree with your method of doing so to the Original Poster, who created the thread to share his enthusiasm and passion for a game which has been, and for far too long I might add, severely underrated in it's genre.

SLC, UT

What a great writeup. I too had this game as a kid, and had absolutely no clue how to play it. I do remember the music. It was so very rewarding to get to a save point and hear basically the only true melody in the game, then back to wasteland. I also remember how textured the metroids sounds when hit with a missile. I mean, that very well could be what some kind of alien life form sounds like when hurt.

On a side note, there's a pretty decent remake under active development. After seeing this post I played it for about an hour and a half and haven't reached the end yet. I think it's about 50% finished so far.
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

Koji-Kendo wrote:

As much as the wink makes it a half joke, it's much more than half-serious anymore.

San Diego, CA
duo wrote:
Koji-Kendo wrote:

As much as the wink makes it a half joke, it's much more than half-serious anymore.

i'll take a less diplomatic approach I think

we don't share the same opinion, but I'm not the one who looked at something that someone obviously spent a long time writing and declared, without provocation, that it was "bullshit" and that you felt sorry for the author, but only after laughing at the article

I'm not interested in the rationale behind the opinion of someone who drops into a thread, unsolicited, to hate on something

that's the job of social media

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Feb 5, 2015 8:17 am)

San Diego, CA

on a more positive note, other articles by rei can be found here: http://ettugamer.com/

of note is the dissections of kojima games and how terribly they treat women