Michigan

I have four gameboy cameras. 1x red, 3x green. - $12 ea.

*Make offers on multiple items*

CCAM boards for the Sega Genesis and megadrive:

dropped to $25 each, free shipping (+$7 shipping outside of the states, +$2 for each additional item)

Yamaha MDF3 (Midi data Filer) *new*:

› Show Spoiler

Gameboy Box-lot #2

› Show Spoiler

Gameboy box #4:

› Show Spoiler

Synthcart w/ keyboard controllers:

$50 shipped

Bundled together is a legit copy of synthcart and two keyboard controllers for the Atari 2600.
Just the cart and controllers are included.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Mar 1, 2016 10:24 pm)

Dallas, Texas

Sweeet! A DIP package version!

Montreal, Canada
TylerBarnes wrote:

For your FYI, the estimated ETA of arrival on these is as ASAP as possible.

Michigan
n00bstar wrote:
TylerBarnes wrote:

For your FYI, the estimated ETA of arrival on these is as ASAP as possible.

Hah, I see what you did there.

Dallas, Texas

Dual inline DIP packages tongue
Automatic Teller ATM Machines.
You only Yolo once.

Can't deny though, that if I had said a 'DI Package version', noone would know what the hell I was talking about. XD

On a scale of 1 to oh god my hands are on fire, how difficult is it to install this in a Genesis? Or better yet, link to instructions?

Michigan
Aurea wrote:

On a scale of 1 to oh god my hands are on fire, how difficult is it to install this in a Genesis? Or better yet, link to instructions?

It is certainly no "prosound" mod for gameboy, but it is pretty much connect "this hole" to "this hole. "
I have everything labelled on the board and will link you to the instructions when I'm not on my phone, though I plan to make a more thorough instruction set this week.

You can see the extent of the install in the third picture above. 9 wires for sound and power input and three wires for output. You could also opt out of hooking up the 32xl sound and the mega CD sound if you just wanted the PSG and FM.

I would rate the install a 4 if you choose to drill holes for the outputs, and a 3 if you used the internal headphone connector. Its about as difficult as a paint by number. tongue

EDIT install guide for gen2 and gen1va7:
Gen2 pt.1
Gen2 pt.2

Gen1 va7 pt.1
Gen1 va7 pt.2

These are not my photos, but I will have my own very soon. I will also have a guide for the Genesis 3 and Nomad.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Feb 10, 2015 3:44 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Oh sweet! Ace work, man.

may the hard blows commence

Michigan

One sold but still a handful left. I would have more but my 470ohm stash ran dry.

Michigan

Update
Two sold
New pics added above
Tutorials coming soon

Shipping to Australia is about $6.50

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Feb 14, 2015 12:23 am)

Dallas, Texas

I may be daydreaming out loud here, but I always imagined an all in one audio/video mod board to eventually surface where it would cover CCAM and the S-Video amplifiers all on one pcb. It seriously only a couple transistors and a few passives. I have two pcbs floating around in my current sega and while installing the CCAM, I was pondering this idea as a potential for reducing the number of mod boards inside the unit.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Feb 14, 2015 5:38 am)

Michigan
TylerBarnes wrote:

I may be daydreaming out loud here, but I always imagined an all in one audio/video mod board to eventually surface where it would cover CCAM and the S-Video amplifiers all on one pcb. It seriously only a couple transistors and a few passives. I have two pcbs floating around in my current sega and while installing the CCAM, I was pondering this idea as a potential for reducing the number of mod boards inside the unit.

Maybe in the next revision. I actually planned to add a secondary voltage regulator to the board seeing as the HD graphics models had two too.

Michigan

Sold two more to France.
Now serving Australia, Brazil and France. wink

I also got new resistors in so my stock of completed boards is back up. THanks for all your patience.

Jazzmarazz wrote:
TylerBarnes wrote:

Maybe in the next revision. I actually planned to add a secondary voltage regulator to the board seeing as the HD graphics models had two too.

Back on this topic, I like the idea. The board would have to be a little larger, but I could also add better mounting points and the new v-reg IC. Is that something you would buy, Tyler?

Dallas, Texas

Definitely man. I feel it would possibly even appeal to the video gaming community. That s-video mod is commonly seen on gamer forums more than this site. So, if there was an all in one option I'm betting the folks that are into upgrading their consoles would desire an all in one option.

Also I know their are two version of the s-video circuit out there. I use the one that contains more passives, but I'm unsure on how much of a difference there is for others but I peronally got more banding with the simpler implimentation (Others haven't had this issue)

Heres a post with my crude test. http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/202524

It should be noted that when using the more complex circuit, the chroma output resistor should be 75Ω instead of the 33Ω that the Luma side uses.

Though I know this would add quite a bit more board space than you might want. So the simpler one found on http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/genesismods.html might be the easier option.

This was the size of my protoboard version of the larger schematic. I bet it could be optimised a heck of a lot better with a true pcb like you're doing.

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Jun 27, 2018 5:59 am)

Michigan
TylerBarnes wrote:

Definitely man. I feel it would possibly even appeal to the video gaming community. That s-video mod is commonly seen on gamer forums more than this site. So, if there was an all in one option I'm betting the folks that are into upgrading their consoles would desire an all in one option.

Also I know their are two version of the s-video circuit out there. I use the one that contains more passives, but I'm unsure on how much of a difference there is for others but I peronally got more banding with the simpler implimentation (Others haven't had this issue)

Heres a post with my crude test. http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/202524

It should be noted that when using the schematic by 'Zachary Karnazes' The chroma output resistor should be 75Ω instead of the 33Ω that the Luma side uses.

Though I know this would add quite a bit more board space than you might want. So the simpler one found on http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/genesismods.html might be the easier option.

This was the size of my protoboard version of the larger schematic. I bet it could be optimised a heck of a lot better with a true pcb like you're doing.

› Show Spoiler

Very cool and actually quite simple to be honest. I wonder if this would benefit from both the video and audio running off of a separate voltage regulator. I'll toy around with it and see how small I can get the board with the extra components. I actually like the idea of adding it on because I am already using all of those values of components, except for the 110k. That is an odd resistor value, but I guess I could use a 100k and 10k if space permits.

Thanks for sharing.