Chicago

I'm running LSDJ in the KiGB emulator on my MacBook Pro, and I've noticed that the pitch is about 40 cents flat. Does this have something to do with my setup, or is this just how LSDJ runs? If I transfer the file to an actual Game Boy, will it play in tune? Any suggestions for how to correct the intonation? Thanks!

Florida

I've heard various times that LSDJ is slightly out of tune. You can fix the pulse channels within the program via the finetune function, and you can tune KIT instruments using the pitch function, but I haven't the slightest about regular WAV channel instruments. Perhaps its being out of tune when used with a Game Boy has something to do with the Game Boy's clock? But idk about the program itself.

Abandoned on Fire

It's possibly the emulator. Try BGB and see if you get the same issue: http://bgb.bircd.org

Chicago
egr wrote:

It's possibly the emulator. Try BGB and see if you get the same issue: http://bgb.bircd.org

I can't get BGB to work on a Mac with Wineskin (any help with that would be appreciated), but I tried Gambatte, and the pitch seems accurate. Must be a problem with KiGB then.

The issue I have with Gambatte is that it doesn't seem to have SRAM saving enabled, so I can only save one song per .SAV file. Anyone know a way to get this to work?

Abandoned on Fire

Here's the BGB faq thread, I'm sure somebody can help you with running it on Mac (I probably haven't used an Apple product since grade school).

i have mac, and opted for actual gameboys in the end ha ha. Kigb is cool for games bu doesnt seem to have the capability of BGB

Joliette, QC, Canada

always got some troubles when I tried to setup emulators when I was on osx and all the NES emulator I tried were stuck at 50hz...I think the best thing to do is to bootcamp a windows 7 partition in your macbook and run your chip/emulator stuffs from there (a lot of great trackers, emulators, vsts, etc. are windows only and it will totally worth your time ! wink