hello again fellow internet travelers,
I would like to know if a PS/2 Numpad would work as an lsdj keyboard.
if you have any ideas if they work tell me

h

Last edited by Rubixcube8 (Feb 24, 2015 12:32 am)

As you can see, the num pad doesn't have a function in lsdj. Other than maybe cursor...

So a ps2 numpad wouldn't be really useful I'm afraid...

If you have a keyboard with numpad, I know that the 2,4,6,8 keys act as arrow keys to jump between screens, instead of "select + Directional pad"

No Particular Place

woah really? you can jump screens using the number keypad?
yikes

No Particular Place

Problem with my setup is... I own a ps/2 keyboard, and I will be painting it, but I can't hook it up to my gameboy advance (not the sp)... (and if my minicard would just show up already I'd be able to actually run lsdj on my gba :3) I don't know what cable to buy (will be making new thread for this idea, alone, too)

B4D-W0LF wrote:

woah really? you can jump screens using the number keypad?
yikes

Yep! I just finished making my first CGB Link cable to 6p Mini-Din (PS/2) Connector to plug in different keyboards to my Color. The arrow keys control the movement of the cursor, then the numpad keys can control the screens. It's pretty darn neat, and was surprised at how cool it was.

I'm not entirely sure if the CBG link cable could work with the AGB for LSDj, I'm going to try it out tomorrow probably when I can get a hold on an Advance.

There are a few ways to connect a keyboard to a Game Boy:
1. Put a PS/2 port on the Game Boy - Probably the most challenging one
2. Put a Game Boy Link port on the keyboard - A little easier, but still need a link cable with all the required pins, and a link cable port to throw in there.
3. Create an adapter - This is pretty easy, you just need a spare PS/2 Port and a Link cable (can be ordered for cheap on ebay) then connect the wires to the proper pins and it's good to go. Also no modding of keyboard or Game Boy required.

Québec

You can connect a DMG to an AGB with an adapter, so if you have a PS/2 to DMG cable I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work with it too.
What I have is a MGB-004, made for the Pocket but compatible with CGB.

No Particular Place

I'm getting a USB boy eventually, so I gotta seriously come up with some dough, but I'm not into modding cause I'm sloppy as fuck, and I've broken every cord I've ever owned, besides my charge cord for my 3ds. I guess I'll be buying an adapter, and getting that cord my friend hooked me up with! no modding required, f-yeah!

Last edited by B4D-W0LF (Feb 24, 2015 5:20 pm)

Chips & Dip :3
Nick Walrus wrote:

You can connect a DMG to an AGB with an adapter, so if you have a PS/2 to DMG cable I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work with it too.
What I have is a MGB-004, made for the Pocket but compatible with CGB.

There's also some link cables that do DMG to AGB/DMG. I own 2.