My DMG has an half working screen (the top part remains blank). It's possible to replace the LCD? I can't find a compatible one after searching for days.

I think a lot of people buy multiple half-broken DMGs and try to piece a bunch of them together to make some working ones. You could probably do something similar, and buy one or two DMGs with some other issues.

Thanks for the hint.
However, it seems impossible that the replacement screen doesn't exist. Nobody knows the model / part code for that screen?
It's been hours and I can't only find tons of display for other game boy models but not for DMG.

I too have been searching. Found out that most refurb sites use aftermarket front pcbs manufactured from china. Have no clue what manufacturer has them though. Even if I got the replacment lcd, it looks super tough to solder back on. Finding a front pcb would be your best bet, or just buy another dmg-01 like I did. Sucks because I only had it for a day, and messed up the side ribbon just a bit to create a couple horizontal lines, while adding a V5 backlight.

Last edited by IkariWarrior (Feb 25, 2015 8:31 pm)

i think someone is working on one

Cleveland, OH

The LCD was proprietary. It's very unique. So no, there is no other compatible LCD for the DMG. Not yet anyway wink

Kansas
thursdaycustoms wrote:

The LCD was proprietary. It's very unique. So no, there is no other compatible LCD for the DMG. Not yet anyway wink

Paging Kitsch...