Melbourne, Australia

So, I've found a hardsid 4u for sale, and I always wanted something like a sidstation/sammichsid, and I've looked into it but I haven't been able to find any support or background information about the hardsid... So I was just wondering a) what people thought of it in general? b) how people actually use it in their set ups? c) does anyone know of any good demos on how it works/set ups etc.? and d) how much one is worth paying for?
Anything else that springs to mind worth knowing would be great too!

Thanks!!!

Unsubscribe

The major problem I had with mine, and the reason i sold it was that he wouldnt provide a signed driver so it became very difficult to run on Windows 7. If you dont mind hacking your windows 7 to run unsigned drivers it worked pretty well, but because it is a VST you might have trouble in modern DAWS and its no longer supported.

Melbourne, Australia

Ah, right... sounds a bit risky... Thanks!

Unsubscribe

For anyone getting it, id recomend you get some cheap htpc and run it like a midi synth

Melbourne, Australia

Yeah, at this asking price it's probably not worth it... especially if it means having to buy a pc to control it as well... *sigh*

Unsubscribe

just for comparisons sammichsids seem to be going for like 300-500$ atm.

matt's mind

if there were decent tech support for this device, it would be great

unfortunately, there is not, and request for X or Y features is generally met with some hostility.   

the general consensus on these machines is that in terms of hardware they really offer a lot, but the software-side/post-sale support is absolute shite

Unsubscribe

And thats sad because it didn't used to be the case. Its like they have a grudge that they couldnt make a living off it.

Melbourne, Australia

Oh really? Well I'll have to look into it and see if their are any sammichsids then!!

And yeah, it seems like it's solid hardware, but from the sounds of it the people running the show haven't done themselves any favours... hmm

*sigh* if only things like this were open source...