I'm getting started with vintage computers and I've bought an old C64 but it misses the videocable. I've been googling around like crazy to understand what kind of cable it is. I've come to the conclusion that I have the version of C64 that takes a horse-shoe 8-pin din connector which splits the chroma and-what-not but what confuses me in that there are several kinds of cables with 8-pin din. I believe I need the one with s-video in the other end, but even then there are two different kinds when I search around: one with s-vid + 2 RCA and one with s-vid + 3 RCA, which the latter is impossible to find to buy anywhere and I really can't find any good information about this.

Just finding a proper cable to this thing turned out to be more of an endevour than I anticipated. Help sorting this out would be highly appreciated.

ps. It's a C64G if that helps.

Michigan

This is a pretty easy mod if you would like to make your own. You may actually use a 5-pin din connector which are easy to find. The schematics to break out composite video and left/right audio are reaildy avaialeble on google.

Alternatively:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/331125982355?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Apr 11, 2015 12:27 am)