I just started my first custom paint job for fun ( Ryu) on a DMG. A few of my friends suggested I try and sell some. As soon as I can figure out how to post a image I will add what I started on here. Interested in your thoughts.

Seattle, WA

Yeah but it's a small one so you'd have to be really good at it.

matt's mind

yes, there is a market but like Dire Hit said you've got to stand out to make sales.  the profit margin isn't terribly high but its certainly fun

Jhirmajesty wrote:

I just started my first custom paint job for fun ( Ryu) on a DMG. A few of my friends suggested I try and sell some. As soon as I can figure out how to post a image I will add what I started on here. Interested in your thoughts.

http://imgur.com/F89Ag39

Last edited by Jhirmajesty (Apr 11, 2015 3:10 pm)

Whateverville, California

Not getting an image... You can click on the Images link to add a bbc link to the url your image is hosted at. big_smile

Imaginary wrote:

Not getting an image... You can click on the Images link to add a bbc link to the url your image is hosted at. big_smile

OK I think I fixed it above

Minneapolis, MN

Holy crap that is good! Someone would snatch that up without a doubt!

Detroit, Michigan

You should use a clear blue button for B, would look so dope

Whateverville, California
snesei wrote:

Second this and maybe a light under the button for extreme style points!
I don't think you're going to have any trouble moving shells at this rate.
Maybe look into the KB square shells. I hear they take paint a little better than normal DMG shells if you give them a light sanding. (Not confirmed tongue) White looks like it would be a nicer background too. You've reinvigorated my desire to paint shells. Here's a 'boy I did as a "mixed media" experiment.

snesei wrote:

Right now I have a white screen and a set of white buttons coming but i may have to reconsider the B button now.

Do you think the DMG shells look good with a wet sand finish or just couple coats of sealer?

France

you painting looks very good! Congratulations. I guess you're using varnish after that to be sure the paint won't scratch, aren't you?

garvalf wrote:

you painting looks very good! Congratulations. I guess you're using varnish after that to be sure the paint won't scratch, aren't you?

Yeah just trying to decide if I want to wetsand the varnish.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:19 am)

Apeshit wrote:

Did you sand off the DMG's texture first? If not, I don't think I'd bother wet sanding it.

I watched a video where a guy wet sanded and buffed the varnish to give it a super high gloss look. Didn't know what it would look like on a game boy.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:19 am)