settle

So I'm relatively new here at cm.o, and I'd love to contribute somehow. I'm not much of a composer, but I am a senior in comp sci at uni and pretty good at programming (Python, C++, JavaScript, whatever else). Since I'm on summer break and just working, I think I'll have a bit more free time than during the semester wink.

If anyone is working on some software tools or something and needs a hand, I'd be glad to help out! Shoot me a PM or post here and let me know.

PS For fun here's a game that my team made as part of our senior design project: Multi-Tetris! Spawn up to as many simultaneous games as you want (my screen fits 6, you can probably do more), and see how long you can survive! You can also turn on random rotations of falling pieces, if you're feeling especially masochistic tongue. You'll need both multitetris.py and tetris_base.py; run "python multitetris.py" from the command line.

https://github.com/jedioli/aCOG_mindeye … itetris.py
https://github.com/jedioli/aCOG_mindeye … is_base.py

Last edited by djhaka (May 16, 2015 5:39 pm)

Paris

Hi mate!
Very good initiative. Thanks.
I'm not working on anything since I'm a programming noob.
But I was thinking, of something usefull. A few people, like me, are struggling a bit on LSDJ wave instrument. There's a synth, but IMO rather limitated.
You can achieve far more elaborated instruments by handdrawing waveform on LSDJ. But to emulate certain instrument, for exemple guitar string, you need to find a sample, analyze it's waveform, and trying to draw it.
If there was a tool that would read a sample, let you manually chop it in 16 equal lenght part, quantisize it in 4bits and maybe let you export it in a lsdj loadable file, that would be a real game changer.
What do you think floaks?

Lake Titicaca

LGPT (little gamepark tracker) is excellent software that has been open sourced.
Its needs a mixer and to increase the number of tables to FF.
Might be a good way to understand exactly how to approach music software programming if you can understand all the code thats already there.

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (May 16, 2015 6:49 pm)

Lake Titicaca

Or take a look at the source code for adlib tracker 2, redesign it somehow for android tablet.

using a control pad for controlling the software.

its so comfortable to program music using a control pad rather than "cradle and prod" style.

it would be nice to see a new control pad controlled tracker for android.

maybe its more like a five year project but in the end you could charge for it.

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (May 16, 2015 6:48 pm)

Geneva, NY

I agree that LGPT would be a great program to add some features like a mixer. I strongly disagree that it needs FF tables. I would like to see the project that has 128 tables filled and needs more!

Seattle, WA

Make some kind of automatic EMS driver signer and I'll love you forever.

france

If you want some fun programming you can git clone lgpt and port it to Android handled.
There is a lot of SDL1.2 program which were ported on android so it is a good way to touch a great software blessed by the community and do some c++ programming.

Abandoned on Fire
yoyz2k wrote:

If you want some fun programming you can git clone lgpt and port it to Android handled.
There is a lot of SDL1.2 program which were ported on android so it is a good way to touch a great software blessed by the community and do some c++ programming.

THIS.

Baja California

Would be neat if you can work on new features of nitrotracker (a tracker for ds), It lacks a lot of features.

Unsubscribe
BLEO wrote:

I agree that LGPT would be a great program to add some features like a mixer. I strongly disagree that it needs FF tables. I would like to see the project that has 128 tables filled and needs more!

The worst part is that lgpt cannot currently stack tables, I've never used more than 10-15 ever.

speaking of dream lgpt features i would like to see a more normal tracker keyboard input scheme for PC (q = c, 2 = c#, w = d etc) - i know it is designed for handheld devices but it has a lot of unique features and a fun workflow and it would make a good pc tracker

settle

Haha thanks for the feedback! I'm actually in the middle of moving (should have said that before tongue) but I'll definitely give these a look.

@Biere Gratuite: So I think I understand more or less how LSDJ wav channel waveforms work… would the sample be a certain length, i.e. one sec, or you choose what section of the sample you want to use?

I honestly haven't used LGPT very much, just opened it once or twice. By 'mixer' do you mean like an audio mixer, so you can modify the volume and low/mid/highs of a channel?

I guess I'll have to do some more research big_smile! A lot of great starting ideas though.

Geneva, NY
sandneil wrote:

speaking of dream lgpt features i would like to see a more normal tracker keyboard input scheme for PC (q = c, 2 = c#, w = d etc) - i know it is designed for handheld devices but it has a lot of unique features and a fun workflow and it would make a good pc tracker

That's called Renoise.

Also, you guys don't really want a channel mixer in LGPT, you want a POST command (as in, post filter volume).

And yes, we all want Android LGPT.

how are they even slightly similar big_smile fuck renoise

Melbourne, Australia

My suggestion would be multiple midi outputs for LGPT! I really want to run my usb-boy and midi synths with lgpt tongue

Seattle, WA
sandneil wrote:

how are they even slightly similar big_smile fuck renoise

They're sample based music tracking software, they're way more than slightly similar. The biggest difference is Renoise looks like famitracker and lpgt looks like lsdj.