So I picked up an LSDJMC2 on Ebay (Some guy was building and selling them I guess). It has no labels on buttons/LEDs so I have no Idea what is what. Anyway, I read the manual, which wasn't super helpful since, again nothing is labeled, but it said that it goes into LSDJ sync mode by default as soon as it is turned on. I figured that meant I didn't have to do anything so I threw my GB into Slave mode and tried hitting start on the MPC, but alas nothing happened on the GB. So I hit start on the GB and it started but nowhere near in time with the MPC. It wasnt even in time with itself for that matter. The time is super irregular and it even crashes sometimes.

I think one of the LEDs is supposed to blink the clock tempo but they all just blink at random times and the blue one just stays on all the time.

halp!

Also sorry if this was the wrong place to post this. Wasn't sure.

Last edited by KidCharibdis (May 31, 2015 1:50 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

hmmm if the LSDJMC2 is like the nanoloop midi cable I'm afraid it will not work on the MPC500...
mpc original OSes have a lot of problems with MIDI sync and stuffs...the only way I got my cable to work was to buy JJOS on my MPC1000 and there is no custom OS on the 500 so I'm afraid you will be stuck with this problem ! sad

Joliette, QC, Canada

Ohhh I read 500 not 2500 !!! Just buy any version of JJOS and it will surely works after this...like I said in my last comment original OS sucks with midi :s

Make sure the power is off on all of you devices and plug in your midi and GB link Cable. Turn everything on.

Now put the GB into slave mode, come back to the song screen and press start. The song screen it will display 'Wait' on the right hand side.

You then need to press start on the MPC. Make sure that the have set the MPC to send midi clock to the midi out that you are using to connect your MPC to the LSDJMC2.

There's every chance that your LSDJMC2 unit's LED's are in the same order as this labelled one:

I've just tested mine and the LDSJMC2 does indeed go into LSDJ-SYNC mode once it's done a little light show with the LEDS.

Hey guys thanks a lot for the replies

So yeah I did all that stuff and the thing is when I hit start on the GB, it doesn't "wait" unless I unplug the link cable. When plugged in, it starts playing immediately, whether the mpc has started the sequence or not, but it does so in the same wonky fashion described above.

Also, I am running JJ OS 3.04 I think? I'd have to confirm the version but it's definitely JJ OS.

Id like to upload a photo of my actual unit since my lights are not laid out the same as yours but I haven't been on the site long so I'm figuring it out

Also I think it might have something to do with the power supply. This thing takes DC 9v right? I think I had it on an AC 9v plug when it was malfunctioning. I don't know a whole lot about electronics but could that ruin the unit? Or would it just not work properly on the wrong type of current?

I tried a 9V DC adapter from my microkorg and it wouldn't power on at all. I haven't tried with a battery yet but I'll keep updating.

Power will most probably be the issue. I'm surprised it hasn't blown. I have a 12v dc to power mine. Did the seller mention what sort of power you should use in the listing? It's probably the same as mine. That might explain why the 9v dc didn't work. I just hope you didn't fry it with the ac adaptor. All things considered, don't plug it again until you've tested it with batteries. Hope it works out for you.

So I tried it with a battery and it works fine, so I guess I just have to find a DC adapter that works with it. Thanks everyone.