ok so im probably not doing this right at all. but i would appreciate any help please i have some major problems with my hardware. i recently purchased a smart card, and loaded up lsdj onto it. it works perfectly fine and the save battery works too. but when i tried to load the save onto my pc from the card through the software it had a little trouble. it saved onto my computer alright, but then when i went to try and get back to the save on the cart after reading the sram onto my pc; the save file showed up in the sram selection but lsdj couldnt access it. it was like lsdj didnt have a save file at all. im using the current version of the driver and software for the card and lsdj. i tried an expirement to see if this would happen to other roms too. final fantasy adventure was also on the card but it wouldnt read either. even after i tried writing the sram Record.sav file back onto the cart, even when specificaly selecting the cart and writing sram and when not selected. idk what to do since my pc now has my lsdj save and i cant get it back on my cart and i dont want to start over sad and i dont want to invest another chunk of money double of what i already payed to get an everdrive gb

Abandoned on Fire

Here's a few things to try:

1. Don't have other roms that can save on the cart at the same time as lsdj (on either page, there's only one save area)

2. It's not necessary but is a good practice to have your rom and sav named the same thing (as in lsdj.gb and lsdj.sav)

3. Try several other usb cables and ports, sometimes that's the only problem

4. Delete all roms and sram on the cart (if possible) before trying to write lsdj gb and sav (if you get it working)

5. If you have an Android device and an OTG cable try this excellent app:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … emsflasher

Last edited by egr (Jul 25, 2015 12:58 pm)

Michigan

I wanted to itterate EGR's #2

but with the new firmware/ software update doesnt it allow it to have multiple saves? and it seamed to work with multiple saves when i made a test save of lsdj and a couple of games and i pulled out the cart and switched pages and a bunch of other stuff. the saves all worked on the cart. the only real problem came up when trying to reupload the saves to the cart after backing them up to my pc. the showed up in the sram but didnt work in the games. lsdj and the games just appeared blank. i even tried renaiming the .sav files from the saved state as "Record.sav" to the game name and lsdj.sav

Abandoned on Fire
cheesydogg2582 wrote:

but with the new firmware/ software update doesnt it allow it to have multiple saves? and it seamed to work with multiple saves when i made a test save of lsdj and a couple of games and i pulled out the cart and switched pages and a bunch of other stuff. the saves all worked on the cart. the only real problem came up when trying to reupload the saves to the cart after backing them up to my pc. the showed up in the sram but didnt work in the games. lsdj and the games just appeared blank. i even tried renaiming the .sav files from the saved state as "Record.sav" to the game name and lsdj.sav

Does the sav on your pc work in an emulator?  (my favorite is BGB: http://bgb.bircd.org/)

Also, when you say "new firmware/software update" just what are you referring to?  An alternate multirom menu or perhaps LittleFM?  The 64M carts can only have one sav at a time.  There are things that do different compression etc to make better use of it but still only one sav can exist on the cart.

Last edited by egr (Jul 25, 2015 10:01 pm)

yes the saves work on my pc. and im talking about the latest update of GB_usb_v1.0.8.exe that shipped with my smart card. in the read me file for the disc that came with the card it says

"--------------------
New Game Menu
--------------------
v1.0.8 provides a new game menu. The old menu (v1.0.4) could only hold one save at a time although there are many game ROMs in
the card. The new game menu offers save game management such that you could have multiple saves stored on your cartridge at once.
It will let you have many saves and you can change your games stored on the card without affecting your ability to access your save data
later on.

Remarks :
1. The new game menu is written by MottZilla.
2. The new game menu offers 11 slots for game saves. Some games may occupy more then one slot.
    For the first time to use this new game menu, please delete the unreadable content in each slot one by one via the game menu.
3. The game menu would only appear for "multiple game burning". It would not show up for "single game burning".
4. This product has two pages, 32M per page. If there is only one game in a page, when you save the game, all 11 save slots would be
    over-written.
5. If you don't like the new game menu, you may use the "GB_USB_v1.0.4.exe" program to burn games so as to recover the old menu.
"

so it should be able to hold multiple saves just fine right?
i just cant reload the saves onto the card with this software after reading the sram saves to my pc to try and back them up. i mean i can load the sram saves onto the cart and the saves show up in the sram manager on the cart itself, but the games and lsdj dont recognize the saves even though they seam to be there the dont work on the cart after savinbg them to pc and trying to reupload the .sav files to the card. but in emulation on my pc they seam to work fine

the saves show up on pc and seam fine, but i cant figure out how to get the .sav files to load into bgb to actually test them past just looking ok from the file end of it. sorry about that. i should have clarified and also i didnt see the last part. the files show up and all and look good, but again i dont quite get how to load an outside.sav file onto bgb.

Aarhus, Denmark

I tried v1.0.8, but never got it to play nice with LSDj. When it boots up, it goes into the no multi-track mode (aka. you can't work on more than one track at a time / save & load). I think it's meant to be used for people with a lot of different games that don't use a lot of save space. Try v1.0.4 instead. smile

Edit: Remember to format the card. wink

Last edited by zii.hrs (Jul 26, 2015 1:50 am)

but still what about getting my .sav file back onto the cart?

France

Try the android app...
And to test the .sav file with an emulator, just keep the lsdj.sav file along the lsdj.gb rom and launch the rom file from the emulator...

ok ill try that

hmm ok well now i guess the .sav files dont work? they show up and i would think they would be fine, but im loading up the emulator with lsdj and the .sav filed named lsdj is in the same folder and its not recognizing it in bgb either..... i thought it would work. so them maybe its the software that isnt properly saving the .sav files when reading the sram?

well i have a mega memory card coming in soon from amazon that i got for a decent price a while back from when i recently bought the smart card. so would saving to that possibly also help the situation? so then i could back up to that for the gb cart save, and then use the android ap to transfer it to pc since it seams like the pc software cant properly back it up :<

i just ordered a couple cables for using the android ap for a couple bucks. hopefully it will improve my situation. thanks for the help everyone. if you have any more ideas or help though please do tell, since im still in a bit of a pickle here

Abandoned on Fire

I think this is the root of your problem:

thebitman wrote:

The last thing you need to know about this software is that when you back sav's up they are still in this condensed state. To properly back up your saves it appears that you need to do an initial backup, then delete all other save files on the cartridge, back up the save for a particular game, then flash the multisave back and repeat the process again for the other games.

From this thread:  http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9501/ … hat-is-it/