Seattle, WA

Hey everybody, calling myself "Dire Hit" was stupid and I'm surprised it took me this long to change it. I'm now going by "Heatshield" for the forseeable future and I put together a small debut single & B side to kick things off.

https://soundcloud.com/possibly-a-fake- … ows-single

I'm extremely proud of the music I've been making recently and I think I'm finally starting to understand what kind of music I want to be making and how this all relates to the style I've been developing. I plan to move away from 1xLSDJ and add in nanoloop and FL Studio elements to the cyberpunk trap and hip hop sounds I've been making on one gameboy for the last year or so. Until then I have a few LSDJ tracks to release, and these two are going to be the first of several in the coming months. Thanks to everyone who supported me early on my musical journey, you've all helped me figure out exactly what I want to make and I think I'm ready to begin releasing music in a serious and intentional manner.

Los Angeles, CA

I'm into it.  Good job!

Clermont-Ferrand, France

Nice sounds ! Good luck with this new start.

King's Lynn, UK
Dire Hit wrote:

Hey everybody, calling myself "Dire Hit" was stupid and I'm surprised it took me this long to change it. I'm now going by "Heatshield" for the forseeable future and I put together a small debut single & B side to kick things off.

But without a Pokemon reference in your name, how will people know you play chiptune?

Seattle, WA
HillyOTM wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

But without a Pokemon reference in your name, how will people know you play chiptune?

Hopefully they won't. I'm worrying a lot less about what category I fit into lately.

Icepick is so good, I'm loving this *Heatshield* heart

Dude honestly your music rocks. HARD. And i will listen to it whatever u call urself but Heatshield is pretty random and imo a step down in name coolness from dire hit. Different strokes for different folks i guess

Seattle, WA

Thank you all for the support! It's nice to hear that the music I've learned I want to make is something that people want to hear. There'll be more reasonably soon, on the same or a higher plane of quality. I love you all.

L-tron wrote:

Dude honestly your music rocks. HARD. And i will listen to it whatever u call urself but Heatshield is pretty random and imo a step down in name coolness from dire hit. Different strokes for different folks i guess

I mostly wanted to break free from videogames. I don't want that association, I'm using the hardware but my music has nothing to do with games at this point. I want a platform where I can begin to take my music seriously and I just can't do that named after a pokemon item.

Last edited by Dire Hit (Jul 28, 2015 8:15 am)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

yeah this is next fucking level shit for real, kudos monsieur !
s/o to the fuck video games game tho ~

Seattle, WA

Thanks for all of your support guys! It really means a lot to me. Next track is up for those who want it.

soundcloud.com/possibly-a-fake-link/shiver

New Albany Indiana

Nice work

Tokyo, Japan

Nice move sir. Keep up the good work wink

Aarhus, Denmark

Possible to sneak me a .lsdsng of Hollows? It rocks so hard

Seattle, WA
zii.hrs wrote:

I'll see what I can do, but it relies on custom kits.

Aarhus, Denmark
Dire Hit wrote:
zii.hrs wrote:

I'll see what I can do, but it relies on custom kits.

Rad! wink