Hey all!
Pain Perdu hailing from France here.

I regularly use the Luftek MicroUSB to DMG Power adapters on LSDJ to save batteries for on the go endeavours.

Yesterday I plugged my DMG to the wall socket and composed stuff for a fairly long time, and today, when i put my batteries back in my DMG wouldn't turn on. They're charged full. Is it possible to fry some of the contacts with the USB power adapter? I've heard the voltage is controlled, but I really wish I didn't break anything in my DMG just by using this handy piece of equipment! What's more, I remember cleaning the battery contacts not so long ago and everything worked like a charm before today.

Anybody ever had problems with those? Any idea how to troubleshoot connection and power related issues?

Thanks in advance!

West Yorks, UK

i dunno this luftek device u mention, but i regularly have problems chargins all kinds of stuff via micro usb.
there is some word that some micro usbs only do 5v power, not data transfer, maybe its the same the other way around? it would certainly explain my troubles.

advice: try a different usb micro cable, and if using a 5v wall plug to usb, use a different one. ones that wiull charge my phone wont charge my ipad 1 etc. Good luck

Here are the adapters i'm using.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gameboy-Classic … 1c4fc0641a

Finland

I have one, it regularly loses contact and once or twice corrupted my cart. I'm not blaming the adapter for this though, I'm sure the contacts could be cleaner.

But I've ever only ran it from my computers powered usb socket since I know those output 5 volts or so, nothing that could in any way fry the game boy.

Wish I could tell you something else but yeah, check your walladapter thing, check that it outputs volts that the game boy can handle. Not all of them do.

Abandoned on Fire

First thing is to check the batteries in something else.

Then make sure your dmg still powers on with the usb adapter.

If both of those answers are yes then it's possible something got damaged. I've never heard of a power switching circuit going bad but it could happen. My guess is one of the battery contacts is either loose from the board or bent so that it doesn't touch the battery terminal.

Thanks for the input guys, I'll update later today after performing some tests.