Madison, WI

Hey there!  I'm Anthony.  Some of you know me, some of you might not.  I'm a recording artist, owner of Nonfinite Electronics, etc.

It's been awhile since I organized a compilation, and I'm chomping at the bit to do another.

The Rules

The concept for this compilation is simple.  Pick a song you dislike, for whatever reason, and do a cover of it!  Hopefully, by the time you're done you will have a song you enjoy listening to and believe others will enjoy as well.

I will be accepting submissions until Monday, September 28th @ 9AM CDT.  You can send your submissions to demos [at] retronaive.com for review.

Bonus Points

While any submission is welcome, I am looking to convey a particular overarching method or approach.  Here's what you can do to get noticed.

- Incorporate multiple instruments in your song.  Vocals, drums, violins, harp, harpsichord, guitar, hamboning, finger cymbals, didgeridoo, etc. are all welcome and encouraged.

Additional info

I recently opened a netlabel, retronaive, that I intend to use for avant garde/chipmusic releases.  This label will take advantage of the nonelectronics client base in several ways.  We will occasionally send out updates about new releases on retronaive.com through our mailing list, and in this particular instance, I'd like to send out several hundred copies of this compilation as a free value-added insert.  This will be a great way for you to get exposure to new listeners and a good way to get the new label on the map.  This compilation will be Retro Naive's inaugural release.

For more info on Retro Naive's approach to music and submissions, go here.

Go here for the official call for submissions post on my blog.

TL;DR - Take a song you don't like and turn it into a song you do like.

Last edited by nonfinite (Sep 12, 2015 4:15 pm)

West Yorks, UK

im in. I'll also help out with graphic design if you like