Portland, OR

I registered here before I settled on an artist name. I know this is annoying and there's probably a No Name Change policy, but I've already uploaded music under this name. Also, a mod said they'd make an exception for me like 2 years ago, but then I never heard anything back.

Anyway, if it's possible, I'd like my name to be TonightWeLaunch.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but it doesn't look like there's a right place for it.

Atlanta, GA

Not a mod, but I've seen people get their name changed before so I don't see why they wouldn't make an exception. Personally I think everyone should get one or two before they cut you off.

ayy lmao

NUMBSKULL

Are there even mods here any more?

Cookeville, TN

^sometimes.
I was told a few months back that name changes are a no-go, and that I'd have to make an entirely new account. :s

Atlanta, GA

I just made a new account for my name change

Portland, OR

Haha yeah, that's what I'll probably end up doing I guess. I only asked because I asked this same question two years ago, and a mod responded along the lines of "Yeah we don't normally, but I'll change your name, what do you want?" and never followed up.

It's fine, I'm not too worried about it. I can just delete and re-upload tunes.

Alive and well in fucksville

are you sure about your new name?

Portland, OR

Yep, it's the name I make music under.

Boise, ID

I think limiting and account to one or two name changes sounds like a good idea.

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Sep 25, 2015 7:12 am)

I think I asked Nitro if he could change my name a while back, because I had created my account on a chrome book and some of the characters don't transfer over to other os's.

Portland, OR

I think limiting accounts to one or two namechanges is totally reasonable (depending on the culture of the board); here you don't want people constantly changing their names for no reason. For me it would be my first, only and permanent change.

Geneva, NY

Policy is no name changes. I thought it was OK, I was wrong.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:50 pm)

Canada

I'd go ahead and make a new account with a new name if no one messages you in a week or two. Mod action isn't as often as cm.o is not a high priority in their day to day, I'm sure tongue

Not to mention that yeah... name changes aren't allowed.

Last edited by Jansaw (Sep 26, 2015 2:41 am)