Capture sound and record video at ones.. Any experience?

Cheers

D.

smile

Ok I was in a hurry b4 smile

there is ALOT of vidoes on youtube with demos, music, gameplay etc from screenrecorded sesions with a real Commodore 64 or emulators.  How do I record like that?

Don't have a C64 for now but we say Vice64..

I have tryed the Snapchat function Record history but I can only start playback the video at the moment after I don't even know what to do with the start & end files.

FFMPEG - have downloaded the latest install, putting the dll files gives me nothing. The driver is still inactive.

Also intrested in doing it on a real C64 in the future smile

Cheers

d.

Arad, Romania

I'm pretty sure Fraps works with Vice just like it would with a video game. It's pretty straightforward to use and it is one of the best video capturing softwares out there. It's not free though. If you have a computer with a relatively recent NVIDIA GPU you can use ShadowPlay (part of the Geforce Experience software) to record stuff as well.

Recording from a real C64 requires a capture card or capture device with support for composite or S-video input. I would recommend going for an external capture device as opposed to a capture card.

the version of ffmpeg changes depending on which version of Vice you have, I don't think there's a page that says what goes with where, but there might be some info in CSDB 's forums as some of the developers post there.

Failing that you can record Vice in Open Broadcaster which is free.

Last edited by 4mat (Oct 12, 2015 7:39 pm)

THX! smile gonna check Open Broadcaster and that capture device smile

ffmpeg is still a big challenge for me so if anyone got it to work with Vice 2.4 feel free to send me a pm or write here!

Cheers

d.

Netherlands

A bit late to the forum, but let me add that once upon a time I got ffmpeg working with one of the experimental builds from http://vicebuilds.bplaced.net/ .. But it still seems luck of the draw, or I'm just stupid.

At the moment I got SDLvice with 3th party capture software. It works faster than winvice, but the frame rates still drop way too much. Still looking for a better solution. looking into external stream capture devices that allow connecting all kinds of retro to hdmi. Would be awesome to dust off all the old Atari, C64 and Nintendo