Solar System

I have buyed 300MHz thin client. Now I have 4GB CF, 256mb ram and Soundblaster 16 in ISA slot. It is ideal for MSDOS.
But now I want make stereojack (line-out) in front for recording my PCbeeper music. I have buyed this connector:

PCspeaker is 4ohm,2w.
Can I connect L-R with little wire (for mono->stereo) and red wire to that L-R stereo connection and black to ground on that connector?
Can i plug it into line in (soundcard)? Or cinch in on my hifi microsystem?

Or I need resistors?

Here is picture of speaker:

Or any advice, help?

Joliette, QC, Canada

I'm a total noob in this kind of stuffs but maybe try to open up an old laptop to see how...all the P1 laptops I have transfer the PC speaker sounds in the headphones when I plugged some in the headphone jack !

Central Pennsyltucky

Your idea will work, but not be perfect.. (I'd say, "good enough").
If you're using a mono cable from this jack to the line-in on your card, be aware that some cable jacks are too shallow to correctly get a mono signal from a tied stereo jack. You'd be better off using a mono jack.

Also, by going line-in into your recording computer, you're relying on the speaker volume to control recording volume. This may cause some clipping (Which you may or may not like ). I'd recommend going into a mic-input on your soundcard, as they usually have a pre-amp circuit built in. then you can keep your speaker volume very low, and control volume with the mic-in pre-amp.

Most mic inputs are also mono, so you can then go speaker>mono jack>mono cable>mic input.

Again, this is not a perfect situation to begin with, so your ear will be the best judge.

Michigan

The ISA card does not have line-out?

Central Pennsyltucky

I think Matej wants to use the same machine to do some beeper music. There are a few Dos drivers that PWM a PC speaker the way folks are doing with the Spectrums.

Solar System

I found something...
http://www.oldskool.org/guides/speakerrecording
and
http://www.deinmeister.de/e_sbpcqlnk.htm
and

Taichung, Taiwan

Schematic for adding a line-out to a speak and spell from the speaker line. Hopefully it's about the same.

Solar System

Thank you! I will make 2x PCB and cable for recording and I will write how it sounds...