Hi
I just have a little question because in one of my composition i have create a sound on a wav channel but the level of this sound is very wek compare to another sound.
Witch tools can i use to increase the volume, is there for exemple a specific table or somethinf like this?

Than you

Mathias

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If the volume value for that channel is at the highest (3) then the best thing to do is to lower the volume of the other instruments.

Michigan

Yup. Lower the volume for your other channels. Also, which CPU does your boy have?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

* The first option is to check the waveform channel volume, the max is 3 as jefftheworld said.
* The second thing is to look at the waveform, maybe it isn't taking all the space in the waveform depth, this will make the sound quieter.
For example:
  ___   ___
_|     |_|     |_

Should be:
  ___   ___
  |     |  |     |
_|     |_|     |_

* And the last option is to lower all the other sounds.

Delek wrote:

* The first option is to check the waveform channel volume, the max is 3 as jefftheworld said.
* The second thing is to look at the waveform, maybe it isn't taking all the space in the waveform depth, this will make the sound quieter.
For example:
  ___   ___
_|     |_|     |_

Should be:
  ___   ___
  |     |  |     |
_|     |_|     |_

* And the last option is to lower all the other sounds.

Unless he is using samples wink

Last edited by Timbob (Nov 17, 2015 5:05 pm)

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Timbob wrote:

Why? I'm proposing to amplify the waveform, whatever the waveform.

Prague
Mathias81 wrote:

Hi
I just have a little question because in one of my composition i have create a sound on a wav channel but the level of this sound is very wek compare to another sound.
Witch tools can i use to increase the volume, is there for exemple a specific table or somethinf like this?
Than you
Mathias

Hi Mathias,

how does your setup look like? Do you use a digital audio workstation tool (DAW) such as Logic Pro, REAPER, or Cubase? Or do you mix using a hardware and your computer is providing weak volume?

--AJ

Seattle, WA

Relative volume is the only thing that matters in LSDJ. Volume control is what separates treyfrey from everyone else.

Alive and well in fucksville

If you want to make louder kits in lsdj, you may need to start from scratch. Find the samples you want, open them in audacity. Now play it. If it doesn't go into the red on the little sound meters (in the upper right corner of the audacity window) you need to select the whole sample (ctrl+a) and go to the effects menu and click amplify. Only increase it by .1 db to start with. if that wasn't enough, undo the amplify you just did and try increasing it by.2 (you can guess on how much more after that). the key is to do it in 1 step.  The more you screw with a sound the farther you get away from what you originally wanted. All samples are different because i have increased some by 3 db and it didn't do anything. Bottom line here is that you want your sample to touch the red a little bit. When you have this, start a new window of audacity. In the bottom left corner, select 11468 hz. go back to old audacity window select all and copy it. Go to empty audacity project with 11468 hz and paste into that. this will shrink the sound some, so play it. Amplify it again as you did before in small amounts until you find where it is at the max without sounding like ass. Export it as wav (microsoft) signed 16 bit pcm. Now open your rom with lsdj patcher and load the samples into an empty kit. Now name your new kit. Save this kit if you want (if you like it and want it after you update lsdj).
A lot of people say to make your sounds as small as possible for making kits, but there are 51 of them to fill. Just keep it under 2 seconds. I did experiment with 44100 hz and could only get 4 samples into a kit. They were hella loud though. The dmg can actually make subs bottom out with some bass samples if you put them into the rom right.

Last edited by bitjacker (Nov 17, 2015 8:53 pm)

Delek wrote:
Timbob wrote:

Why? I'm proposing to amplify the waveform, whatever the waveform.

Ah yeah, I thought you meant the wave screen in lsdj.
But true.

Thany you guys for all tose answer, just for information i'm just using gameboy as hardware, no computer.
I will try to draw again the sound curve.
Do you know were i can find tutorial about "how using curve and what are the possibilities."
Than you again
Mathias