Australia

The coolboy carts have all the necessary resources but does not support Neil's unusual choice of mapper. He used this mapper to conveniently address a large amount of WRAM. You could go through his ROM and hook and change all the mapper writes but this would be time consuming! I've emailed him regarding a fork of his source but he is a very busy man and have not heard back from him.

You could build the mapper into a coolboy cart with a few logic IC's and some SRAM, then you could run Pulsar on it.

I could download his other various NES ROM's and test their compatibility...

Sergy, France

If either cajoNES or SMMM work with your flashcart, I would buy one in a second.

Guess what.. I'm still excited.

DSC wrote:

We worked together on a MCTRL version of PR8, the best ever IMHO.

Is this version is publicly available? Or is there any way to follow a midi clock, or to simulate a clok with button presses?
Thx

Naptown

would this support glitchNES?

Australia

Email me the ROMs and I'll give them a try

Australia

Im planning on building a custom flash cart designed to run Neil's ROMs. It'll either be USB direct into the cart to update the rom and load/save .sav files, or that will be handled via a dedicated cart flasher/dumper. It depends if people are happy to pay the extra to have it all rolled into one unit.

It'll have the standard multi-region CIC, gold plated fingers, FRAM which means no battery.

I'm aiming at $45 for the cart or $60 with integrated USB.

Any interest? Thoughts?

Australia

Im planning on building a custom flash cart designed to run Neil's ROMs. It'll either be USB direct into the cart to update the rom and load/save .sav files, or that will be handled via a dedicated cart flasher/dumper. It depends if people are happy to pay the extra to have it all rolled into one unit.

It'll have the standard multi-region CIC, gold plated fingers, FRAM which means no battery.

Any interest? Thoughts?

Turku, FIN

I would get one if I can use it to make visuals!

Australia

Visuals?

Naptown
KeFF wrote:

I would get one if I can use it to make visuals!

Me too!
http://no-carrier.com/index.php?/glitchnes/
http://no-carrier.com/index.php?/nesflix/
etc

also litewall https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31101742/blargg_litewall.zip

Last edited by urbster1 (Apr 3, 2016 12:16 pm)

Sergy, France

I would get a couple if they support Neil's ROMs for sure smile

BennVenn wrote:

Any interest? Thoughts?

I'll take two for myself and for the store.....

Australia

To be worth the time and effort, I'd be looking to sell at least 10pcs. I'll be using a CPLD for the mapper, I don't like the idea of destroying original carts for their mappers.

So if I get the interest for around 10pcs I'll begin breadboarding and start on the VHDL. It's a bit of an investment on the PCB's - gold plating isn't cheap on a board this size, plus the ROM, FRAM, RAM, CPLD's and cart cases.

I might have a solution for the gold plating which will bring the cost down a bit.

Australia

http://www.retrostage.net/nes_MMC1_boards.htm

Why aren't these used? I've ordered from him before, this exact board I think... I'll dig it out and see if his CPLD supports Neil's mapper mode.

Edit: Oh, CHR RAM and WRAM is not the right size or mapping... Can be fixed with a few wires though. Anyone want a guide?

Last edited by BennVenn (Apr 3, 2016 11:53 pm)

Hi!
few questions:

1: I ordered some of those aliexpress carts a while back. 2 60 pins game pcb's and one 60-72 pin convertor with case. If I get your programmer from your website (Without the cart slot) can I solder the wires to the pins and good things happen? (Planning on soldering the wires to the converter pcb and build it into the case.. some slashing may ensue )
2: I saw the gameboy flasher was sold out on your site.. are they coming back? saves on shipping costs etc wink
3: what's your favourite animal?
4: a new flash cart sounds awesome. Not really a question, more of a remark.
5: did you know the link to your website on your cm.org profile doesn't work?