Unsubscribe

Found a nice zip on Reddit that needed a piggy fix, so I posted them on my site:

http://www.peterswimm.com/happy-wavetable-x-mas/

Enjoy!

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

heart u

Brazil

AWESOME

But maybe I dunno how to use it? How do you use this thing? I mean, i can get some cool sounds and stuff, but how do I properly make it "tastier"?

I use it at osc mode, but it always sounds weird and I cant get it doing cool stuff. HALP?

Unsubscribe

They are just waveforms, so the usual oscillator trickers, pwm stuff, pitch effects etc should all come into play.
http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … lator_mode

Ive been using these alot in piggy lately, the demo waveforms sound killer
http://galbanum.com/products/architecturewaveforms2010/

Earth

I'm going to be a bastard and link to a little post I made about LGPT and wavetables. (Thus completing the link cycle.)

https://jnapps.wordpress.com/2016/06/02 … g-in-lgpt/

I believe most of the wave forms in that pack are 2048 samples long. Each file has a bunch of 2048 sample cycles. Some are differen lengtht.

Its all about using the loop start, loop end to find different waveforms to use. Since most of the waveform s are 2048, try a loop end that's 0x800 (2048 in hex) samples after the loop start. In oscillator mode of course.

Last edited by breakphase (Jan 26, 2017 2:08 am)

Brazil
breakphase wrote:

Its all about using the loop start, loop end to find different waveforms to use. Since most of the waveform s are 2048, try a loop end that's 0x800 (2048 in hex) samples after the loop start. In oscillator mode of course.

THANKS MATES!

I cant check now, but that was what I was trying to ask, actually, cause noobs and stuff.
Love you guys.

And prof, thanks again for the link, is awesome indeed.

São Paulo, Brazil
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

AWESOME

But maybe I dunno how to use it? How do you use this thing? I mean, i can get some cool sounds and stuff, but how do I properly make it "tastier"?

I use it at osc mode, but it always sounds weird and I cant get it doing cool stuff. HALP?

Damn you Kurt. I've told you one million times about the tricks regarding oscillator and the monowave file, sent you dat files as examples, and you still come ask people here? tongue

btw, thanks Pete for the awesome file.

Unsubscribe

Using Monowave projects form the hexawe comp are what got me over the wave traveling confusion. Dont be afraid to use single cycle waves either, complex waveforms can really drive the filter (especially in bass mode) in cool ways.

Brazil
PULSELOOPER wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

AWESOME

Damn you Kurt. I've told you one million times about the tricks regarding oscillator and the monowave file, sent you dat files as examples, and you still come ask people here? tongue

btw, thanks Pete for the awesome file.

BOOOOOO

My issue was not knowing WHERE to (PULSE)loop the wav files. Now I know because of those fine gentlemen.
Im all about lpof PWM for a while now.

But with these files I was trying to match the osc without looking the waveform. And when I did, I just didn't know what I was looking at. It was barely working, I knew there was more to these but I couldnt make the magic happen.
Now I did and Im loving it.

But yeah, I should get more projects to see stuff. Im way behind in lgpt techniques.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jan 28, 2017 11:23 pm)

Earth

If you open these in audacity, you can make it show you exact sample positions. That's nice for seeing where the waves you want are. Good luck!

Edit: I was also quite confused when I first got it, which is why I wrote the blog post about figuring it out. I was confused mostly because I had never seen a wave table which just had a bunch of random waves in the same file. I wasn't familiar with that, and struck me as quite a nifty thing to do.

Last edited by breakphase (Jan 29, 2017 3:41 am)

São Paulo, Brazil
breakphase wrote:

If you open these in audacity, you can make it show you exact sample positions. That's nice for seeing where the waves you want are. Good luck!

Edit: I was also quite confused when I first got it, which is why I wrote the blog post about figuring it out. I was confused mostly because I had never seen a wave table which just had a bunch of random waves in the same file. I wasn't familiar with that, and struck me as quite a nifty thing to do.

That just reminds me of my dream-request for LGPT: a wave editor with loop points.

Naptown

are these waves in various frequencies or are most of them at a specified frequency? since the waves change shape every cycle, it's not immediately apparent where the cycle restarts just by looking at the waveform. i don't use serum or LGPT but i am still interested in checking these out, any info is much appreciated!

edit: ok so far i've discovered that most of the serum wavetables are either 256, 512, 1024, or 2048 samples. dividing the sample rate by the number of samples per cycle would give you the frequency, e.g. 44100 / 256 = 172.265625 Hz (a slightly flat F3)

Last edited by urbster1 (Jan 30, 2017 8:32 pm)

Earth
PULSELOOPER wrote:
breakphase wrote:

That just reminds me of my dream-request for LGPT: a wave editor with loop points.

If I could add any feature to LGPT, it would be that, or if that's too hard, just make it easier to switch wavetables. I can only get forward travel working; I haven't been able to find a way to just skip around in a sample.

Because I realized that if you could just skip around to any waveform, you could sample all the LSDJ waveforms, or NES, Or Atari 2600... and you could make "instrument tables" like in a c64.

urbster1 wrote:

ok so far i've discovered that most of the serum wavetables are either 256, 512, 1024, or 2048 samples. dividing the sample rate by the number of samples per cycle would give you the frequency, e.g. 44100 / 256 = 172.265625 Hz (a slightly flat F3)

Cool, good to know! Yeah they are all powers of 2 (which makes them easy to figure out in hex). More samples means it will sound better and have more (pitch) range at which it doesn't sound like shit. But I guess "shit" is subjective.

Last edited by breakphase (Jan 31, 2017 7:14 am)

Unsubscribe

Uh you can skip to any waveform. Thats the idea behind plof and lpof. And the monowave sample!

Unsubscribe

If you want to skip between two different wavetables, just make a wave with two wavetables back to back

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 31, 2017 3:13 pm)

Unsubscribe

re: tuning many wavetables are at middle c, the higher its sampled the less aliasing youll hear on higher pitched samples. You can't trust this to be true, for example the adventure kid wavetables are D2+2 (2 cents I think?), so you might want to throw a a440 sine sample in your sample pack to check your tuning on the go against. You can purge the sample from your project later once tuning has been established.

Also OSC mode does some kind of resynthesis (im too dumb to know the details right now), so I THINK it will tune stuff for you? You can set a waveform to loop mode instead of osc mode and listen to the weird tuning issues on extreme octaves from the root.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 31, 2017 3:23 pm)