I've recently got a nanoloop one as well as the USB MIDI thing, and I'm extremely pleased with it.
However, I'm the type of person who likes to have access to older versions of software that I own. LSDJ is great with this since the archive contains every version going back forever, but with nanoloop I've only managed to find 1.7.0 - 1.7.6

Is there an archive anywhere of all the legacy versions of nanoloop, or at the very least 1.6.3?

Thanks!

(I'm assuming this thread is alright since the nanoloop roms are freely downloadable from the site on the update page, and they don't work anywhere but the cart. If it's not then sorry!)

Alive and well in fucksville

I have 1.6.3 cart but i upgraded it to 1.7.5

My cart is 1.7.6, but I was able to downgrade to 1.7.0 without issue. That makes me think I can downgrade to 1.6.3 as well, but I can't find the update file.

IL, US

if no one else finds anything, i'll look on my backup hard drive and see which versions i have the upgrade files for so you can give it a shot (assuming i even have any 1.6.x versions at this point)

How would anyone have the rom? Wasn't 1.6.3 the first version on a pcb cart?

Last edited by bitjacker (Dec 31, 2015 6:40 pm)

Oh, I didn't realise 1.6.3 was the first on the pcb and not released as a rom. That's a bummer. I thought the first carts were 1.6.0, and that the 1.6.3 update file existed somewhere.

If anyone knows anything more then please let me know, and thanks again!

EDIT: Oooh, this thread is interesting - http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9108/ … cartridge/
It implies that it's possible to update to and from 1.6.3 in some way, and something to do with a custom logo.

Last edited by Jademalo (Dec 31, 2015 7:04 pm)

i have used that update before. it let me update to 1.7.5 after i used it.
i have a gba sp that i plucked the crystal out of and modded with a gbaccelerator chip. so the cart wouldnt work.  it worked in that modded sp after i put the custom version that oliver made on it. I dont know what happened the update to the logo must be only that version because now that i have updated it wont even load up on my modded sp.
oops thought you were talking about the version of nanoloop that was made without the hello come to think of it there may be a rom out there. i will look way back in my vault of trolling.

Last edited by bitjacker (Jan 1, 2016 12:56 am)

Sweet, thank you!

After a bit more digging, I've got a bit more info.
https://twitter.com/nanoloop/status/159278188596441088 - This tweet states that there's an update rom to 1.6.3, as well as the url it used to be on. I almost got excited since I've found a couple of the roms on the wayback machine, but there was unfortunately nothing for this page sad

It definitely exists though. I've sent an email to oliver too, so I'm fairly hopeful overall!

bitjacker wrote:

come to think of it there may be a rom out there. i will look way back in my vault of trolling.

Did you manage to find anything, or did the search come up blank?

it was emailed to me. it has long since been deleted. Ask oliver for it.

bitjacker wrote:

it was emailed to me. it has long since been deleted. Ask oliver for it.

Ah damn, alright. Thanks.

I sent an email to oliver when I made this post, but I still haven't had a reply.

best make yourself of hot coco. It takes time to get resopnses from him.

Last edited by bitjacker (Jan 9, 2016 7:21 pm)

Haha, alright. Thanks again!

1.6:
www.nanoloop.com/update/nl163.gb

This is the update ROM, it only works on a nanoloop one cart.

Older versions don't work on nanoloop one and the older carts can't be updated, so these are available as demo (for flash cart or emulator) only:

www.nanoloop.com/update/nl15d.gb (lacks the extra voice that comes from the cart)

www.nanoloop.com/update/nl13d.gb

www.nanoloop.com/update/nl12d.gb

Atlanta, GA

If you need any others that Oliver didn't list there, here's my personal collection from the past couple years of collecting from nanoloop.com with wayback machine

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7dpld6 … y_Versions

I stand corrected.