catskull wrote:

Do you want to be able to plug in a USB MIDI device into your arduinoboy? Or you just want to be able to plug the arduinoboy into your computer and have it show up as a midi device?

Both. I want a device that allows me to connect my DMG to any other MIDI device.

The Hiduino project works by turning the EXISTING usb jack that is normally used for programing into a USB MIDI device. You should be able to get it working with the catskull project and a ftdi cable and no other parts. You are going to have to mess with some code more likely than not.

punamenon2 wrote:
catskull wrote:

Do you want to be able to plug in a USB MIDI device into your arduinoboy? Or you just want to be able to plug the arduinoboy into your computer and have it show up as a midi device?

Both. I want a device that allows me to connect my DMG to any other MIDI device.

If you want both, then don't you need a female USB type A socket on there?

Last edited by catskull (August 30, 2016 6:26 pm)

catskull wrote:
punamenon2 wrote:

If you want both, then don't you need a female USB type A socket on there?

USB is USB.  It's just the shape of the jack that changes. It's easy enough to get adapters to switch between USB A, B, and Micro. Or I can just splice one type of cable to another as needed.

With a configured HIDUINDO on a uno you would have a device with

In/out DIN MIDI
USB A jack that you can hook up to a mac/pc/ios device that can be a usb host.

No splicing needed!