Unsubscribe

Jesus Christ get a room already.

Madison, WI
herr_prof wrote:

Jesus Christ get a room already.

Are you a mod or an admin here at chipmusic.org, Peter? For someone who doesn't care about the content of the thread you appear to be spending a lot of time here. Are you trolling or doing your job?

Last edited by NonElectronics (Feb 11, 2016 12:51 am)

Unsubscribe

Thank god I'm not. And threads like this are why we can't find people who want to be. Are you happy making this forum a laughing stock? At making the chipscene look like a bunch of petty man boys arguing over their little slice of nothing?

Madison, WI

It's nothing to you, friend. To me, it's a living.

Madison, WI

Peter, I'm saying this with the utmost respect I can manage, as you are a well respected artist and by all means, you know your shit: you are the primary source of insincerity and lack of respect in this thread. Perhaps you should consider how your words and actions reflect on the chip community as well.

I feel ashamed for allowing you to distract me from the topic at hand.

Last edited by NonElectronics (Feb 11, 2016 12:59 am)

San Diego, CA

this probably should have been handled in private

Madison, WI

I was able to find contact info for all of these vendors but the last two, http://www.retroconsole.fr/
and http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/.

Does anyone have contact info for these two vendors?

Madison, WI

OK, got retroconsole. All that's left is bennvenn.

Thank you Anthony for the heads up!

Madison, WI
spacetownsavior wrote:

this probably should have been handled in private

I agree, and yes, we tried that. After 72 hours, three emails and numerous attempts to draw attention to the topic at hand through facebook I felt it was an appropriate time to bring this out into the public through the use of a relevant forum. I daresay if I hadn't these redirects would still be in place.

Paris
herr_prof wrote:

Thank god I'm not. And threads like this are why we can't find people who want to be. Are you happy making this forum a laughing stock? At making the chipscene look like a bunch of petty man boys arguing over their little slice of nothing?

Meh... I don't understand your point. "Little slice of nothing" is what we all try hard to get these days.
This scene, among others, is interesting because we all stand united. I see everybody helping each other when songs are stolen, why not in case of cybersquatting?

Thank you Anthony for your efforts in securing the welfare of each business listed in this thread. Matt is an honest and reasonable guy and the few times we have worked together, he has been nothing but kind and selfless.  I trust that these so-called "allegations" are without truth and that it was the sole action of an ignorant fan. As a community, we do benefit greatly by sticking together and improving the chip music and modding experience.

Australia

Benn Venn is an Australian guy as far as I know?. He might have a Facebook page?

All I can say is My two main DMGs are a nonfinate and a kitch unit... ultra respect to both!!    If the redirects are now blocked then I guess the problem is only that another entity nagged the domains. Marketing agencys (esp offshore) do this kind of thing all the time.  There will be a reason (guessing SEO plan but could be super fanboi) but I personally don't care if it stays between the store fellowship. If it is SEO gone wild, i'm sure Matt won't have an issue making the redirect page a simple link list to all vendors. I'm assuming it's possible to customise the page like a 404?  Love y'all. :-)

Last edited by cTrix (Feb 11, 2016 1:32 pm)

Unsubscribe
NonElectronics wrote:

I feel ashamed for allowing you to distract me from the topic at hand.

Well at least you said it with the most respect you can manage. If only you felt more shame from starting pitchfork threads to handle your business matters on a music forum.

Biere Gratuite wrote:

Meh... I don't understand your point. "Little slice of nothing" is what we all try hard to get these days.
This scene, among others, is interesting because we all stand united. I see everybody helping each other when songs are stolen, why not in case of cybersquatting?

Its because music rules and commercial entities that have an over inflated sense of importance in a musical community suck. Hope that clear things up.

Madison, WI

Sorry, Peter. You're a good guy.

------------------

As of this morning I've heard back from everybody on the list but Shaun from gameboymods.co.uk. 10+ domains have been successfully secured. Despite the less than desirable nature of this conversation I can say with confidence that good things have come of this.

If anyone else knows of other businesses operating in the field of chipmusic that haven't been brought up here, please either post a link here or send a pm so I can reach out to them as well. Thanks everybody!

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:17 am)