Tokyo, Japan

Sweet, thanks man.

Melbourne, Australia

I managed to get it working on my EZ Flash IV big_smile

that FM sounds promising (and a little sassy)

Last edited by Vytantus (Jan 12, 2010 12:06 pm)

Psydney, Australia

On a not-entirely-unrelated note, is it possible to flash GBA software on USB GB carts?

iLKke wrote:

On a not-entirely-unrelated note, is it possible to flash GBA software on USB GB carts?

I'd say no because they are completely different systems, really.

Plano, TX

I have a GBA flash somewhere (for Mother 3), I might tinker around with this tonight.

Abandoned on Fire

According to smiker, this latest alpha is not showcasing the FM channel.  That's just how the WAV channel works... so, what else could be in store for FM (which I think is channel 4?)

sp
iLKke wrote:

Definitely, No. It cant work, for many reasons:

General
*Software on AGB uses 16 bit memory adresses, while the DMG uses 8bit, (yeah you could say this software is not 8bit related but 16 bit)
*DMG cant handle 256 color palette mode. Thats a essential.
*GBA has two additional PWM Dac that the DMG lacks. Also, the memory adresses for graphics, sound and else are completely different for both platforms.
*DMG runs at 4mhz, since the AGB runs at much more speed (i actually cant remember in mhz, but about 5 times a snes)

Related to this rom
*DMG cant modulate without adding crunchy distortions. AGB has a updated wave channel that doesnt distort anything.
*The saved game sizes wouldnt fit=it wouldnt be able to boot since it requires a proper saved data file to boot without throwing garbage on the screen and freeze when you try to listen that 'memory dump'

egr wrote:

According to smiker, this latest alpha is not showcasing the FM channel.  That's just how the WAV channel works...

In fact, wave channel its not FM but AM (Amplitude Modulation + Phase Modulation) But the phase effect is way too slooooow for the moment.

egr wrote:

so, what else could be in store for FM (which I think is channel 4?)

Yep. Tha's how's gonna be made, FM for channel 4, Samples/Synth for channel 5

Last edited by nishi (Jan 12, 2010 4:23 pm)

Plano, TX

I played around with it a little bit this morning, got some basic bleeps and bloops out of it. Is there a homepage or any documentation for this yet? I'm assuming since it's in alpha there's probably not much in the way of LSDJ-style commands or other ways to manipulate the instruments yet.

I'll keep an eye on it for now, it could have potential.

California

this is exciting. I am pumped for this tracker.

Abandoned on Fire
PixyJunket wrote:

I played around with it a little bit this morning, got some basic bleeps and bloops out of it. Is there a homepage or any documentation for this yet? I'm assuming since it's in alpha there's probably not much in the way of LSDJ-style commands or other ways to manipulate the instruments yet.

I'll keep an eye on it for now, it could have potential.

Check this previous release for the Key and Effect commands.  It's a pretty impressive list already!  I'm sure he'll update the documentation soon.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/9/21/ … pha070.zip   <----- Has docs!

Plano, TX

Awesome, thanks.

I'll give it another shot.

Abandoned on Fire
nishi wrote:

In fact, wave channel its not FM but AM (Amplitude Modulation + Phase Modulation) But the phase effect is way too slooooow for the moment.

Ahhh, thanks for that!  That actually makes a lot of sense.

EDIT:  Would you happen to be "smiker" in disguise? yikes

Last edited by egr (Jan 12, 2010 8:09 pm)

sp
egr wrote:

Would you happen to be "smiker" in disguise?

How else could i know more than you from M4GTracker? Since you are the greatest follower of this project...
That equals an 'Of Course I am.'

Last edited by nishi (Jan 12, 2010 9:41 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

heart

Plano, TX

Well hey there.

Can I make a small suggestion? I think the readability of the tracker is a little rough in spots due the font and some of symbol usage. It's unique, but unpractical. I think it would be a good idea at some point to include a second font, but it's obviously very secondary since getting everything to work and make sweet music should be the first concern.

sp

Actually, iLKke is gonna do the art related matters, so, taking in count his clear and polished works before (it's noticeable that im very glad of being able to tell this tongue), i'd say that's done. Thank you for the suggestion smile