Los Angeles

People seem to dig the KRK stuff, maybe I'll invest as well...I have to go out to the car for the level mix!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm)

PDX, PDX

I am using a pair of Yamaha MSP5's and they are seriously lacking in the low end.  I really want a pair of dynaudio BM5A's.  Those things are great.

Milwaukee, WI

Event TR6 Biamped Tuned Reference Studio Monitors

Incredible monitors.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EVETR6

Last edited by RG (Jun 28, 2010 9:24 pm)

Event TR8.
Like above but bigger.

))<>((

All I've got right now is this lol

at the studio I worked in, we had a few pairs of Event 20/20s and they were awesome. Somewhat lacking in the bass department, but what can you expect without a sub.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

Event Opals ... Want if I was made of money ... drool

I have shit box Behringer Truths that I got second hand 5years ago... they work... and without a room with proper acoustics there is no point spending money on something better
(I use HS50's on my desk at work and prefer them over Rockit's  .. I personally prefer the HS series over the KRK's, not just in sound but build quality/warranty etc etc for exactly the same price)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Dot.AY wrote:

Aussie too! Good to see our fine audio gear making overseas and people actually buying it.

Melbourne, Australia
Dot.AY wrote:

This! ^^

Dot.AY wrote:

...without a room with proper acoustics there is no point spending money on something better...

And this! ^^
So many people spend ludicrous amounts of money on monitors only to wedge them into a cluttered corner in an untreated room with paper thin walls.

I'm rocking a pair of Yamaha NS-20s which I really like. The limiting factor is the room they are in. I'd wager this is the case with lots of people and many wouldn't realise it.

York, Yorkshire

I have of pair of JBL Control 1

Running off a Cambridge A5

The sound is absoloutly crystal*, but lacks bottom end.  I've been wanting a sub for a few years but can't justify it right now.

I was window shoppign for monitors a little while ago and was very tempted by those KRK VXTs.  Of course, money-no-object I'd get some Genelecs cool

*I've compared them directly to 3K worth of Spirit monitors, these were clearer :-o

Last edited by BitPop (Jun 29, 2010 8:51 am)

uhajdafdfdfa
BitPop wrote:

Running off a Cambridge A5

I have this amplifier, but no speakers! big_smile

brighton, uk

M-Audio AV-40s... basic

New York City
celsius wrote:

The limiting factor is the room they are in. I'd wager this is the case with lots of people and many wouldn't realise it.

Totally true. That's why I don't buy any right now. My room is absolute garbage. Even has a window to the exterior! tongue

York, Yorkshire

Just missed out on some KRK V8s (Series 1) on ebay - missed the end of the auction, they went for £350 - gutted!!

Hoxton, London UK
akira^8GB wrote:
celsius wrote:

The limiting factor is the room they are in. I'd wager this is the case with lots of people and many wouldn't realise it.

Totally true. That's why I don't buy any right now. My room is absolute garbage. Even has a window to the exterior! tongue

My room is 11x9 feet. good acoustics?
but i have nowhere to put anything, which sucks.

Unsubscribe

at least it isnt square! you should put the desk alongside the short wall, and try to elminate the parallel surfaces with some wall treaments.. like books cases or whatnot... Should be decent!

São Paulo, Brazil

I'd love a pair or KRK Rokit, but here in Brazil they cost at least about Us$ 700,00 (if you're lucky).