Germany

Hi folks, i know how repair bad vertical display lines on the gameboy lcd.
But is there a way to repeair the horizont ones? Or is that not possible?

Big thanks forward

Taichung, Taiwan

If you are talking about the DMG then yes. It is possible, but you have to be extremely delicate on heating up a portion of the ribbon cable underneath the LCD screen.

If you are talking about the DMG then you are better off completely removing the LCD and installing a Gameboy Pocket screen into it. There's a tutorial for that somewhere here.

Germany

Hi, what you decribe is the way to fix the vertical lines. That works fine. But the horizon ones are the problem.
I think its not possible. Interessting what you write about pocket screen in a dmg, must search that.
THX

Taichung, Taiwan
dualitymicro wrote:

Hi, what you decribe is the way to fix the vertical lines. That works fine. But the horizon ones are the problem.
I think its not possible. Interessting what you write about pocket screen in a dmg, must search that.
THX

There are traces behind the LCD screen that you can heat up that can sometimes fix HORIZONTAL lines, but you have to be extremely careful. It's such a pain in the ass that installing a gameboy pocket screen would actually be easier.

Germany

Aha, ok. Maybe i check it tomorrow but it seems to be better to buy another.
Thank you